Do I have to stuff my face ??

Options
Hey everyone !! I am trying to put on some more muscle then what I have . I like eating clean ... Like chicken and asaragus . I like the feeling of not being stuffed . Can I still gain the muscle with just high protein and not 3600 calories plus? I don't want to put fat on people say you won't do that but I do and I believe I am plateaud trying to pull out of that also . Any excellent advice would be great . I also like cardio here and there is that a conflict ? My goal is not to be big but to be muscular and ripped not Arnold big .

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Clean? What is that?

You need a caloric surplus to gain muscle...

You're going to put on fat in a bulk. It's inevitable.

Cardio is not a conflict as long as you eat back your exercise calories... it's personal preference.

I reckon it takes a while to get to Arnold's prime size so you don't have to worry about accidentally doing it lmao.
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    You look like you already have alot of muscle! Why change what you enjoy if it's working? Do what makes you feel good!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Eating at a surplus -- and eating whatever it takes to be at a surplus -- is a true and tried method of muscle building. Cheap, easy carbs (have a Coke and a smile) or fats are a natural ally to that end, however, if you must eat "clean", have a couple handfuls of plain dry-roasted almonds a day.

You will add BF and if adding fat to your frame is a concern then keep your surplus low +/- 250 calories a day.
  • RaganErik
    RaganErik Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Clean? What is that?

Cardio is not a conflict as long as you eat back your exercise calories... it's personal preference.

I reckon it takes a while to get to Arnold's prime size so you don't have to worry about accidentally doing it lmao.

Yeah I know that I ain't small now . The question is can I still do low calorie but higher protein or what about weight gainers ? I'm saying I'm not wanting Arnold big just so the right advice is givin and knowing what I am going for .
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    RaganErik wrote: »
    Clean? What is that?

Yeah I know that I ain't small now . The question is can I still do low calorie but higher protein or what about weight gainers ? I'm saying I'm not wanting Arnold big just so the right advice is givin and knowing what I am going for .

No reason for buying a 'weight gainer' powder unless you have an incredibly busy schedule and don't have the time to chow down solid food.

As I said... CALORIC SURPLUS; either 250 or 500 above your TDEE.
    • caloric surplus of 250-500
    • 0.6-0.8g of protein per lb of body mass
    • 0.4-0.45g of fat per lb of body mass
    • fill rest of calories with carbs
  • RaganErik
    Options
    Clean? What is that?

No reason for buying a 'weight gainer' powder unless you have an incredibly busy schedule and don't have the time to chow down solid food.

Ok so that is good info ^
    So how do o find out how many calories I need I have basically got where I am having no energy in the gym and protein shakes but I am not getting any bigger now .... Things have come to a hault . I also heard 1 to 1.5 grams of protein . It's all so confusing cause so many people say different *kitten* . It's frustrating
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    Clean? What is that?

So how do o find out how many calories I need I have basically got where I am having no energy in the gym and protein shakes but I am not getting any bigger now .... Things have come to a hault . I also heard 1 to 1.5 grams of protein . It's all so confusing cause so many people say different *kitten* . It's frustrating

Well take my advice instead of those "other guys" who say 1.5g of protein lol.

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/

Calculate your TDEE there, either add 250 or 500 onto this. A 250 caloric surplus will yield 0.5lb gain per week, 1lb gain per week for a caloric surplus of 500.
  • RaganErik
    Options
    Clean? What is that?

Well take my advice instead of those "other guys" who say 1.5g of protein lol.

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/

Calculate your TDEE there, either add 250 or 500 onto this. A 250 caloric surplus will yield 0.5lb gain per week, 1lb gain per week for a caloric surplus of 500.

Thanks for the help man
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Clean? What is that?

Low calorie but high protein will cause you to lose weight, not gain it. Weight gainers are just powdered carbs to add calories to your diet easily. You can do the same thing by eating actual food.