i've been having problems with leg pain from jogging.

Options
I'm not a natural runner, at all. So I've been really trying to get into it and I did awesome, to my standards, for a while and then I'd get this intense leg pain in my right thigh.

S i figured I was pushing myself too much and I started running only about once every 2 days but I still get it!

So today, my mom said it might be a pinched nerve in my back and gave me a massage and now i feel much better! I'm gonna go jogging again tomorrow just to test it out,

My question is: How do i get rid of this pinched nerve without having to have my mom massage me every day? Also, could it be from standing for 6 hours at work? i work in retail.

I need to get rid of it because it's impacting my exercise! It's really bothering me.

Replies

• bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    what kind of shoes do you regularly wear? If you wear heels a lot, lose them. They are horiffic for your back and could easily be causing the problem.

Get fitted with proper running shoes, this could also be a factor.

Lower back issues can come with tightness of hamstrings, I pulled a sciatica which left me unable to run or cycle for 6 months last year due to tight hamstrings. Do you stretch regularly?
  • AnaBackwards
    Options
    what kind of shoes do you regularly wear? If you wear heels a lot, lose them. They are horiffic for your back and could easily be causing the problem.

Get fitted with proper running shoes, this could also be a factor.

Lower back issues can come with tightness of hamstrings, I pulled a sciatica which left me unable to run or cycle for 6 months last year due to tight hamstrings. Do you stretch regularly?

i have started stretching regularly before every jog and even just because i feel like it. i`m terrified of pulling a sciatica :( i imagine that was really painful!
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Make sure you stretch thoroughly AFTER your run. If you need to stretch beforehand you need to either stretch dynamically, or just do what I do and start out slow to warm up. Never hold static stretches before you run, it will cause injury as your muscles are not warm enough to deal with it and be effective xx