my goal: lose 100lbs

Options
Hey everyone im kelli:) im 24 and i just had a baby 6 weeks ago. I am currently 250 which is actually what I weighed right before I got pregnant. Im 5'7 and my goal is to get down to 150 to start. Any tips or advice would be appreciated:)

Replies

• Fit_Takes_Time
    Fit_Takes_Time Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have 95-100 pounds I would like to lose. We got this!!! I sent you a friend request!
  • Gitfit22
    Gitfit22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yea ive been very determined since I had my baby..I just want to be able to be more active and learn to eat healthier. I want to make it a life-long habit:) yea I accepted ur request :)
  • sji82
    sji82 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on the baby! Second, i'm on a similar journey myself so it might be helpful it making smaller goals to accomplish your big goal. More of a mental thing but it helps in the journey.

Not sure what your workout preferences are (work solo? group?) but whatever it is, make it fun.

Also, I've found the more friends for support, the better. So you can add me if you want. Good luck.
  • Rebekahl87
    Rebekahl87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby! Proud of you for making the choice to make a life-long habit; having kids makes you re-evaluate life. It did for me, at least. :) I started this year with a goal to lose 80 lbs. I'm halfway there, but like Steve, I've broken it down into much smaller goals. I sent you a friend request!
  • Gitfit22
    Options
    Thanks:) i added u:) the only workout I have time for right not is walking 30 minutes to an hour everyday..and I dance in my room when baby is asleep lol..I also look up workout videos on youtube and do those..I eventually would like to join a gym. And hey good luck on ur journey too:) oh and my first goal is to get to 200 :)
  • Rebekahl87
    Rebekahl87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Good luck to you as well! :) Any way you look at it, moving more and eating well (and in moderation) should yield great results over the long-haul. You do what you can with what you have and forget all the rest. :)
  • jesslynchxo817
    jesslynchxo817 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Gitfit22 wrote: »
    Hey everyone im kelli:) im 24 and i just had a baby 6 weeks ago. I am currently 250 which is actually what I weighed right before I got pregnant. Im 5'7 and my goal is to get down to 150 to start. Any tips or advice would be appreciated:)

I am just an inch shorter than you and weigh the same and have the same goal weight! Good luck with your weight loss journey and congrats, your baby is a great motivation! :)
  • ariessweetie
    ariessweetie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When i first started this weight loss journey i was at 255, as of now I am at 220. It has been nothing short of hard work and determination. I've fallen off a few times, but most definitely ready to make a permanent lasting life-style change! I would like to lose 20 increments at a time and not stare at the big ole number of 80. :blush: You can do this and congrats on the new baby! I'll send a friend request. :smiley:
  • buffalobill41
    buffalobill41 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Experiment and find what exercises you enjoy as well as try to find healthy foods you enjoy. Try to move things gradually as well, think of it as developing a new lifestyle vs losing 100 lbs in a year or whatever and then being done with it. With the exercise start slow and don't overdo it at first or you'll get way too sore and have excuses to stop. Same with the diet don't try to suddenly go to nothing but protein and vegetables or you'll crave the good stuff too much and fall off your routine. Slowly cut back portion sizes, try to find healthy foods and maybe stop buying a couple of the snacks you can't control yourself with.
  • kidrow21
    kidrow21 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

I wish you well on your journey, we all help and support each other look forward to hearing more of yours!
  • wilcwil
    wilcwil Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It really is as simple as calories in/calories out... Yes indeed, we want to watch our macros and be very detailed, but I would suggest first setting your MFP app to maybe 1200-1400 calories per day and then just try and stick with that for a month.... Then after you shrunk stomach, start incorporating different types of food to follow your macros and adjusting that to only have about 30% carbs.... Once you got that dialed in I think you will definitely see the difference with what you put into your body and how you feel.

• Gitfit22
    Options
    kidrow21 wrote: »

I wish you well on your journey, we all help and support each other look forward to hearing more of yours!

Thanks:) im very dedicated..I know ill make it happen. I have every reason to stay on track and not mess up. Im sick of being self conscious and not feeling healthy..I want to able to see my kids graduate..and not end up sick because of my health choices..ill be on this app a lot:)
  • Gitfit22
    Options
    wilcwil wrote: »
    It really is as simple as calories in/calories out... Yes indeed, we want to watch our macros and be very detailed, but I would suggest first setting your MFP app to maybe 1200-1400 calories per day and then just try and stick with that for a month.... Then after you shrunk stomach, start incorporating different types of food to follow your macros and adjusting that to only have about 30% carbs.... Once you got that dialed in I think you will definitely see the difference with what you put into your body and how you feel.
    Thanks for the advice:)