295 lbs to 175 lbs starts tonight

Options
My doctor says he wants me at 175 lbs. I'm currently 295. I'm starting this scary journey tonight--a 37 year old male who loves food and to cook. I'm going to need all the help and advice and encouragement I can get.

Replies

• butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello I would be a friend if you need one. I will send friend request. :)
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Please feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • keskt
    keskt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting as well. I'm 31/f, currently at 265 - my goal is 165. I'm adding some people now to give/receive support and encouragement- sending you a friend request :)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    In this case, loving to cook is a good thing. You know about food and how to prepare it.
  • mumofzoe
    mumofzoe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    plan plan plan meals, great that you love to cook. have fun finding new healthy recipes. good luck on your weight loss
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Your doctor 'wants' you at 175 - but you have to want it too. It sounds like you do but remember to do this for yourself and your future - keep that at the forefront of your mind and this won't be too difficult :)
    Best of luck!
  • MissElectricEyeliner
    Options
    I know how you feel. I was 297 at my highest and my goal weight is 175. I'm currently 262lbs.
  • TheopolisAmbroiseIII
    Options
    How tall are you? I'm a 37 year old male who started at 295 a few weeks ago myself. I'm hoping to see 250. I'm 6'6", and I think I'd blow away at 175lbs.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    My doctor says he wants me at 175 lbs. I'm currently 295. I'm starting this scary journey tonight--a 37 year old male who loves food and to cook. I'm going to need all the help and advice and encouragement I can get.

my advice to you would to be focusing on getting to 290
  • rweaver1978
    rweaver1978 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

my advice to you would to be focusing on getting to 290
    That's a good idea. I think I'm going to change it to 15 pounds and shoot for that

• rweaver1978
    Options
    Hello I would be a friend if you need one. I will send friend request. :)
    Thanks for the support. I'll help encourage you as well did you need it

• rweaver1978
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Please feel free to add me as a friend :)
    Thanks and I appreciate it

• rweaver1978
    Options
    How tall are you? I'm a 37 year old male who started at 295 a few weeks ago myself. I'm hoping to see 250. I'm 6'6", and I think I'd blow away at 175lbs.

I'm 6'2" so it shows on me a bit more
  • rweaver1978
    Options
    keskt wrote: »
    I'm starting as well. I'm 31/f, currently at 265 - my goal is 165. I'm adding some people now to give/receive support and encouragement- sending you a friend request :)

I'll be a fellow weight loss buddy. I think in the past I have just tried to do too much at one time. In going to do this in increments and focus on living healthier and cleaner. I'll be rooting for you

• rweaver1978
    Options
    In this case, loving to cook is a good thing. You know about food and how to prepare it.

That's true. Thanks for the advice
  • rweaver1978
    Options
    oOmazOo wrote: »
    Welcome... Make the journey less daunting by breaking it down into smaller goals, cooking is a plus... Good luck x
    Great advice. I got that from some other people. I'm going to change it to 15 pound increments. Bam!

• rweaver1978
    Options
    Your doctor 'wants' you at 175 - but you have to want it too. It sounds like you do but remember to do this for yourself and your future - keep that at the forefront of your mind and this won't be too difficult :)
    Best of luck!
    I want to be healthy. The pounds are just a metric. I'm going to do this one day at a time and do my best. Thanks for the advice

• rweaver1978
    Options
    mumofzoe wrote: »
    plan plan plan meals, great that you love to cook. have fun finding new healthy recipes. good luck on your weight loss
    Any advice on a good meal planning site?

• mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! I started at 292 and I am currently 264 ... my final goal weight is 162 (I know my first goal states 192) feel free to add me!
  • angeldrw
    angeldrw Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm just started today also I need to lose 100 lbs I would love to have friends to talk to