Fit bitter's

Options
2»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Its trial and error. When I was in my wanting to lose weight phase I ate half of them back. Its about getting to eat as much as possible yet still losing/maintaining.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I eat all mine back.
  • cathliz71
    cathliz71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I haven't been eating back my extra calories, but if I do happen to go over calories and into the ones I earned through exercise that is fine.
  • NotPoodle
    NotPoodle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Fitbit's algorithms are such that it should seldom over-estimate your TDEE if you primarily engage in step based activities.

if you have been restricting calories for a long time, like I have, a small discrepancy may appear. In my case it has grown from less than 1% to 5% of daily TDEE.

In general, Fitbit indicates your real burn, and if you want to keep to your chosen deficit you should eat back the exercise adjustment it generates at midnight.

I agree. Walking is the only cardio I do, and it seems to be pretty accurate. I have generally not been eating my exercise calories back, but I'm losing weight faster than I think is healthy so have started eating them back the last couple of days.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Chasity6 wrote: »
    Do you eat extra calories logged to MFP account via fit bit? Do you eat back half? or none?

Your Fitbit burn is TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), the calories necessary to maintain your current weight. If (and only if) you enable negative calorie adjustments in your diary settings, your adjusted goal is TDEE minus deficit: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

I eat back 100% of my adjustments, lost the weight, and kept it off. But I log exercise in Fitbit—never MFP. And you still have to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly.

Trust your Fitbit for several weeks, then reevaluate your progress.
  • alt5057
    alt5057 Posts: 62 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    If it is from a fitbit adjustment, I tend to eat those back (but still in the beginning and so far it hasn't slowed down my weight loss). If I add in some other form of exercise (like biking, swimming, etc), I tend to only eat back a portion of those, since they are usually overestimates. I have a desk job, so am set to "sedentary," but some days have more walking around than others so it bumps me up into "lightly active" that day. Rather than reset it each day to see the daily allotment, I just go with the fitbit adjustment.

(and no, I do not like the negative adjustments that you can enable. I would rather have room for an extra treat in the evening from moving more that day than find out at dinnertime that I haven't moved enough and can only eat half of what I planned.)
  • Chasity6
    Chasity6 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have the negative adjustments enabled and set at sedentary. I just have a lot to lose so I really don't want to risk a loss. But I don't want to eat to few calories either. I always log my meals for the day at MFP goal and stay in my range so it would just allow me to snack with extra calories I burn. I am finding the fit bit to be addictive and I am pushing myself as much as my injury will allow me to.