Don't be afraid to lift those weights ladies!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Whoa! Just whoa! (I think I may faint.)
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    It's 50/50 in my gym as I have a home gym and it's just me and my husband. Our twins join us too sometimes boy/girl so still 50/50. Can't get the oldest in there that would make the females a minority but I don't think that will happen.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    joybedford wrote: »
    It's 50/50 in my gym as I have a home gym and it's just me and my husband. Our twins join us too sometimes boy/girl so still 50/50. Can't get the oldest in there that would make the females a minority but I don't think that will happen.

Lol. We'll then mine is a mostly ladies' gym. I'm a regular and my daughter shows up once a week. Husband attends once in a great while.
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I love lifting but can only do so at work in our little gym. But have maxed out on the little weights they have there. Trying to save up for a bench, bar and some weights. Great job!!!
  • jensantiago529
    jensantiago529 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look great! Do you have some good tips for other girls that want to start lifting to (proper form, quick tricks, best excersises to start with, etc)?
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Your body looks great, but I also wanted to say that you have a very beautiful face. I think you have a resemblance to Jurnee Smollett.
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I want to do weights for my stomach. Any tips

The only weighted ab exercises I do are russian twists & side bends. Everything else I just use my own body weight if necessary.

• DJ7203
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    Your body looks great, but I also wanted to say that you have a very beautiful face. I think you have a resemblance to Jurnee Smollett.

Thank you so much!
  • DJ7203
    Options
    You look great! Do you have some good tips for other girls that want to start lifting to (proper form, quick tricks, best excersises to start with, etc)?

I'm definitely not an expert. So I would recommend going to Bodybuilding.com they have lots of different lifting routines you can follow, along with videos on how to perform each exercise correctly. That's where I started out.
  • DJ7203
    Options
    yeah i've never understood the myth that if you lift for a couple months you'll look like chyna from wwe, if it was that easy a lot more dudes would be buff. healinghearts i would do pullups and dumbbell bench press those seem to have strengthened my core muscles quite a bit though if you're looking for abs it's as much a lack of stomach fat as it is strong stomach muscles.

I actually at one point became scared of weights because I felt like I was getting bigger. But it was just muscle + extra fat. Now that I am leaning out, I am loving how I look.

• andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Great transformation, congrats.
  • DJ7203
    Options
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    Great transformation, congrats.

Thank you!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member