(POST 2) BATTLE OF THE BULGE Summer Slimdown Challenge!!!

Options

Replies

• cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    ok did the challenge for today - ran and then I cut the grass. burned a nice chunk of calories now I'm off to go buy some trees/bushes to plant. I'm sure that will burn a bit more.
  • kacione
    kacione Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My favorite form of exercise is walking. I have loved to walk since I was a child. I think I have met the 45 min goal.
    I have just completed my relay for life walk and have chalked up 57849 steps or 20.08 miles in 12 hours from 7PM until 7 AM this morning.
    In 12 hours I burned 3328 cals. I had a few short breaks in there and only slept for 20 minutes at about 4:30 this morning. at 4:30 I had officially been up for 24 hours because Friday was still a regulare day of work. Got home @ 8:15 this mornig and crashed until 12:30. I don't mind admitting that I am one hurtin' Albertan.
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My favorite form of exercise is walking. I have loved to walk since I was a child. I think I have met the 45 min goal.
    I have just completed my relay for life walk and have chalked up 57849 steps or 20.08 miles in 12 hours from 7PM until 7 AM this morning.
    In 12 hours I burned 3328 cals. I had a few short breaks in there and only slept for 20 minutes at about 4:30 this morning. at 4:30 I had officially been up for 24 hours because Friday was still a regulare day of work. Got home @ 8:15 this mornig and crashed until 12:30. I don't mind admitting that I am one hurtin' Albertan.

GREAT JOB!!! My daughter always walked the relay for life event in high school. I donated to one, but never actually stayed the whole night. My daughter had a blast though and it is for a great cause. Hope you get some more sleep though.:smile:
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    happy-sunday-1.gif

SUNDAY JUNE 5TH – DAY 22! "SHAPE UP - CLEAN UP!"

:noway: (WEEK 3 WEIGHIN TOMORRRROWW!!!):flowerforyou:

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK – This week we are going to focus on physical activity! Challenges each day will be physical in nature.

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    They say washing something thoroughly can burn a lot of calories! A 150-pound person who dons rubber gloves and exerts some elbow grease will burn about four calories for every minute spent cleaning. :smile: Scrub for 30 minutes and you could work off approximately 120 calories. So today’s challenge is to get some cleaning in and get your chores done! A floor, a couple of windows, the shower stall, bathroom tile, your car…just clean something!!! It’s a double treat (see the sparkle and shine AND burn calories and feel fine!) (I see a lot of people did this Saturday...sorry I thought about posting Sat but moved it to Sunday and look at you all!!! - great minds think alike!)

DAILY DOUBLE CHALLENGE! :laugh:
    :drinker: FILL YOUR CUP! Drink at least 8 glasses of water today and fill your MFP cup! :happy:

MOTIVATIONAL SONGS OF THE DAY
    1. CAR WASH – Rose Royce http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1J9ofYW3LI
    2. CLEAN UP WOMAN – Betty Wright http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0ssMVL9I1Q&feature=related (I know its not about cleaning but it’s a good groove)
    3. THE WASHING MACHINE – Dormtainment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHdxWjUE-JQ (haha)
    4. SUNDAY AFTERNOON – Jon Lajoie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gx3nn6LS6g

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    Yesterday's question got a little lost in translation...some people answered it but for those who didn't please share the kinds of things you do to keep your weight loss/healthier life moving forward!

(some said they have a calendar at work/home where they put a smiley face on workout days, I have my thermometer and calendar I have on my wall and shade in/put a red x for when I dont workout - I also have a listing of my top foods I crave like papa johns pizza etc with the calories next to it on my fridge and highlight the things that have the highest calories to remind me DON'T DO IT! haha) How about you?

SHOUT OUTS
    To everybody who works hard today to gear up for tomorrow's weighin!
  • sunshinelubsyou
    Options
    Hi I would like to join, my current weight is 267, and i have a motivation story. Tonight I wanted to eat pizza but instead I had a cheeseburger, one quarter cup pasta roni, sweet potato and a huge salad filled with blackberries, spinach, snap peas, and bell pepper with wish bone salad sprints. I stayed under my calorie, cholesterol, and fat goals but unfortunately sugar and protein were a little high. But that's ok cause I didn't order that pizza! I want to lose 120 pounds by next summer and this site has been a wonderful motivator!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i think i may actually have a good weigh in this week.....i have been under my sodium thus far so hopefully i dont mess up today....cross your fingers, eyes, toes, whatever works...hehe
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I went out and bought pants for myself. I started my weight loss journey with 22's being tight and 24's being loose. Now I am in 18's. I still have a pair of 16's and 14's hanging on my wall. I'm too chicken to buy 12's or 10's just yet. I keep myself on track by allowing myself to splurge in moderation or find healthy ways go eat simmilar foods that satisfy the cravings. I also eat a big breakfast every morning made out of homemade granola/ oatmeal with greek yogurt and eggs. I love sipping my coffee afterwards and taking my vitamins.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Saturday was good with 45 minute on the treadmill. I did alot of walking too. I am in Cleveland to see John Groban so my BFF and I went to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame before the concert. Lots of walkimg and steps.
  • andtian
    andtian Posts: 47
    Options
    I came across this pic the other day...

mfp2-1.jpg
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Ha this challenge will be easy. It's Associate clean up day at work and I was tagged to be maid. As for the "Secrets of My Success" question yesterday here's my list:

1. Food Diary -I keep mine in the kitchen so I don't forget to log in anything.
    2. Specific Goals- I keep posted where I can see it. For BOB I set new goals and posted it on mfp page and in my office at home.
    3.Check my weight everyday- doesn't work for everyone but for me it keeps me focused.
    4. Bought a bikini- I have a bet that I will be in it by August:bigsmile:
  • blondie1238
    blondie1238 Posts: 182
    Options
    Right now, I have my summer bikini hanging on my closet door! If that's not motivation, I don't know what is! :wink:
  • lozy2k3
    lozy2k3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hiya im not sure how this thread works but can u sign me up please i need all the support i can get ! x
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Consider challenge done! Have kitchen cleaning and laundry to do today as well as emptying closets and the numerous tubs of clothes (LOTS of bending, twisting, scrubbing and lifting!)
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've had a CRAZY weekend, without any chance to exercise. But tomorrow I'll be hitting that cleaning challenge hard! My house certainly needs it under the last few days.
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Sat challenge-
    What keeps me going- My main reason I wanted to lose weight was the LIGHT SWITCH WAS TURNED ON in my head. I knew it was time. We are done having babies so no reason not to care. I needed to do for me! Well I have 3 friends that I work out with that are all bigger than me and a few said if I looked like you I wouldn't work out. So I just keep those thoughts in my mind to keep me moving because I don't want to be big anymore. My Hubby is my next main reason he is this fit guy that is addicted to working out so it motivates me to look better for him.

Sunday-
    I have all hard wood floors in my house so its time to start scrubbing! I think it will take me about 40 mins to do all my floors. Water- I need to get way better at that. I get at least 6 in but man I need a new trick to make sure I get more.

Today we are getting a babysitter and my hubby and I are going for a motorcycle ride after all the cleaning is done :) I start work on Tues so I have to enjoy these nice days outside! Yesterday we went swimming all day and I got a nice tan!
  • art4fun69
    Options
    hiya im not sure how this thread works but can u sign me up please i need all the support i can get ! x

If you go to this website http://www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge it will tell you all about it!! BOB is a great summer challenge and we have lots of fun. Welcome.
  • art4fun69
    Options
    Ok so today's challenge is a breeze it is laundry and clean bathrooms day!!! I did actually get a workout in on my pilates reformer this morning, now off to do bathrooms.... YUK.

Have a great Sunday!
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I got the Sunday challenge done. I am also heading to the gym to get mt burn on. I am not cooperating with my diet. I have to start figuring that out. Sweets kill me. My small goal for the week is to not have one piece of sweets. Ice cream, candy, anything. If anyone has any tips of ideas to kick that craving let me know.
  • crystlgrn
    crystlgrn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I got the Sunday challenge done. I am also heading to the gym to get mt burn on. I am not cooperating with my diet. I have to start figuring that out. Sweets kill me. My small goal for the week is to not have one piece of sweets. Ice cream, candy, anything. If anyone has any tips of ideas to kick that craving let me know.

I keep sugar free hard candy at my desk at work. It's not calorie free but it helps satisfy my craving without putting my sugar through the roof.
  • soshotout
    soshotout Posts: 115
    Options
    Sunday's challenge is fixing to be done. It is officially Rest & Recoup. Day for me exercise-wise, but I will be scrubbing bathrooms and cleaning my bedroom, running the vaccume and other misc. household chores.