HELP!!

Options
I'm only on my 2nd day & my carb count just frm breakfast is 13 grams. My coffee creamer is 6 alone. I BLEW my carb count yesterday & I'm not wanting to do it again. So now i need to have snacks all day tht are NO carb's so I can save the rest of my carb's for supper.....ANY idea's? ALSO, i need somethin new I can do to my coffee in the mornings tht is just as good but not so high in carb's. I use international delight caramel chocolate creamer EVERY morning. The sugar gram's are also 6 grams. I cn't find it in sugar free form. I'm goin to be a g-ma SOON & want to get this WOE so I am healthier & I also want to teach my mom, my daughters & a LOT of my family how to do so as well. A lot of us have either Diabetes, IR (insulin resistance), PCOS, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, arthritis ect....

Replies

• NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    If you're only on your second day and you're freaking out like this, you may need to think about whether this 'diet' is sustainable, because if it isn't, you won't get very far with it. Try planning your meals in advance otherwise, and stick to the plan so you're not caught unawares.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    How long have you been logging? If you haven't been doing it long, try logging your regular eating for a couple of weeks. That'll give you some ideas on where to cut back. Half and half and a sugar-free syrup should help with the coffee. The freak out isn't going to help. If you go over, then find a way to cut. There's always a way. It might not be easy, but it's possible.

The key is to find cuts that will be sustainable for the rest of your life. Start with the small cuts, which is where having a couple of weeks of logging will help. Dieting is a trial-and-error process.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Cream (heavy whipping cream), stevia and cinnamon can make a nice coffee. I really like coconut cream from a can in my coffee. If you use full at products, you will cut back on your sugar intake pretty naturally.

Ease into this way of eating. If you are a bit high on carbs on your first day, or week, it doesn't really matter. As @2Poufs said, logging foods will help you discover what foods are not low carb (generally foods with added sugar, flour, grains or starchy veggies like potatoes).

Good luck. :)
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some legitimate medical issue, there is no reason to focus on macros for weight loss. All you need to worry about are calories in and calories out.

Eating less carbs and more fats and proteins can help with hunger issues but at the end of the day it comes down to a caloric deficit for weight loss.
  • melodicraven
    melodicraven Posts: 83 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Cream (heavy whipping cream), stevia and cinnamon can make a nice coffee. I really like coconut cream from a can in my coffee. If you use full at products, you will cut back on your sugar intake pretty naturally.

Ease into this way of eating. If you are a bit high on carbs on your first day, or week, it doesn't really matter. As @2Poufs said, logging foods will help you discover what foods are not low carb (generally foods with added sugar, flour, grains or starchy veggies like potatoes).

Good luck. :)

nvmomketo is right. Don't stress. You're just getting started on this. Log your stuff and just note where there are areas you can improve on as you go along. :)

As for low carb snacks, eggs are great (egg salad, deviled eggs, boiled eggs, etc). As well as cheeses. Those little red baby bel ones are awesome, and string cheese is tasty and portable. Cucumbers are fairly low carb too - so you can have them fresh or you could go the pickle route if you like those. Tuna if you like it is another good source of protein, and you can add some olive oil or mayo to make tuna salad.

The most non-stress way to do it just to keep things as simple as possible. Plan meals and snacks that start with a protein and a fat, then add low carb veggies like bell peppers or spinach or salad greens to round it off. Stuff like that.

And relax. It's hard at first, especially if you're used to filling up on carby things like pasta or rice or bread, but if you stick with it - it'll get a lot easier.

Edited to add: Also - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group has lots of good resources if you're interested. ^_^

Edited again: And I had a thought about your coffee dilemma - you might want to try something called Torani sugar free syrup. It comes in a bunch of different flavors. And you can find it on amazon if they don't have it in a local store. http://www.amazon.com/Torani-Sugar-Syrup-Variety-Ounce/dp/B003PFUNU4
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't concentrate too much on the individual macro's unless you have a medical condition that makes it necessary - a calorie deficit will help you lose weight, there is no need to over complicate things by tracking your carb percentages. People think carbs are evil - but as long as you aren't going over your calorie deficit, enjoy them. Around 60% of my diet are carbs and I love it :]
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Sugar free syrups with heavy cream or half and half makes for great coffee.

I agree with what others are saying. It's only day 2. You're just learning a whole new way of eating and you're bound to slip up from time to time. Don't let it freak you out. Chalk it up to experience and learn from it. You've now learned that you can't use that type of coffee creamer any more and be able to stick to the way you need to eat. OK, so find something better and move forward. There's bound to be something else you're used to eating on a daily basis that's going to trip you up, too. Make a substitution and move on when you find it.

There are some great lists out there with the carb counts of common foods. I know the Atkins site has some great lists.