Average weight for 5'1

Options
13»

Replies

• MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and around 104-110. 21-24% bf (different methods/calculators have given me different results so I'm not too sure.)
    I eat 1400 to lose and 1600-1700 to maintain.
  • Serena795
    Serena795 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Around 100 lbs, but I am a competitive runner, so my weight is a little on the low end. I maintain around 1800-2000 cal, and that's with a moderate 30 miles a week! I want to ramp up to 35-40 mpw.
  • Rien5
    Rien5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 104lbs. I wear size 1-3 in pants and extra small shirts, not sure of measurements. Currently maintaining between 100-105 on 1400 calories which i've been told by my PD and Dietitian is my "set point." I'd like to get back to 95lbs. I've done it before and maintained it for a few years but it takes a lot of effort and I wasn't doing it in a healthy way.
  • srwoodson999
    srwoodson999 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    5'1" and currently 112. I am pretty happy at this weight. I'm about 20-21% bodyfat and my measurements are 33-25.5-33. I mountain bike, run, and do TRX and kettlebells so I have a good amount of muscle mass. I might try to lose 4-5 more lbs. just to see if I can get rid of that pesky bit of jiggle on my upper thighs, but overall I'm pretty happy with my current look.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    5'1" and currently 112. I am pretty happy at this weight. I'm about 20-21% bodyfat and my measurements are 33-25.5-33. I mountain bike, run, and do TRX and kettlebells so I have a good amount of muscle mass. I might try to lose 4-5 more lbs. just to see if I can get rid of that pesky bit of jiggle on my upper thighs, but overall I'm pretty happy with my current look.

You and I are measurement buddies :smiley:
  • rosanna421
    rosanna421 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    im 5ft1 and currently 120lbs and around 17-18% bodyfat. I used to weigh more and i was 128lbs in the beginning of this year and at 20.8% bodyfat, im currently on 1700 calories now however it appears im losing weight at that level, going to give myself another month and adjust my intake based on my exercise
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    5ft 2" / 133lbs/ 26.5 waist/35.5" hip / UK size 10 - Been happy this weight and have maintained it for over 2 years but want to get to 130 for a little leeway for holidays and weekends away.
  • ashockofpink
    ashockofpink Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" (so a teensie bit shorter) and I'm at about 93, which is a comfortable weight for me. I have a small frame and my measurements are 33/26/36, BF ~25%. I'm just starting out but I'm not looking to lose much weight. 90-95 is appropriate for me. I think a lot depends on your frame size.
  • ashockofpink
    ashockofpink Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    And since we're apparently sharing our tata sizes I'm a 28D (which has 30C, 32B, 34A as sister sizes because there isn't a set "D" cup to anyone who didn't know). I'm an hourglass (or straight as a stick, depending on which site you use). My "ideal weight" is 103-113 but that's too heavy for me. I once was up to around 103 and I got dem chipmunk cheeks.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2.5 and am 108 pounds. Boobs shrunk a little when I lost 33 pounds but still 30dd/e
  • must_deflate
    must_deflate Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". When I was in my 20's my weight was usually between 98 and 103. I lifted weights and I looked awesome IMO. My body fat percentage was 18 to 19%. That was my optimum. It's helluva lot easier to keep in shape when you're young, your metabolism is high, and you don't have a family that needs your time.

I've gone up and down since then but even at my max weight (130) I've never been technically overweight via BMI and I've never really looked *fat*-- (A lot of the weight went to my boobs (lol).) There seems to be a wide range of weights at which I look OK.

Regardless, my body fat % is too high and I want to get it down below 25%.

Concentrate on body fat %, not pounds. As other people have pointed out, we are all built differently and carry our weight differently. Comparing your weight with that of others isn't necessarily relevant. I don't know if you weight train, but if you don't, try it. It may change your body composition enough so that you're happier with the way you look. Get yourself a body fat caliper and/or have them measure it at the gym (if you have gym).