Food is my therapy!!

Options
Hello! I downloaded the mfp app 2 months ago. I didn't start using it until last week. I have been afraid to hold myself accountable for the amount of food I eat. I didn't want to see the numbers. I am a stay at home mom to 3 amazing children. I also homeschool my children. My husband and I live on a farm, so I take care of 22 animals. Two years ago I met my goal of losing 50lbs. I felt wonderful! Fast forward to this past January. My husband accepted a new job. This was the job he (we) had waited and wanted for years! Along with this new job came a drastic change in his hours and schedule. It left me with all of the household duties as well as the farm work. I slowly began to stop exercising everyday. I began to notice how that coke in the afternoons helped give me the energy to make it to the evening. Then how easy it was to grab a pizza on the way home from my kids' ball practice. Now here I sit 25lbs of those 50lbs I worked so hard to lose back on!! Ugh! I have accepted food is my prozac. It soothes me on stressful days. Can anyone else relate?

Replies

• GettingFit5551
    GettingFit5551 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can relate. I love my food! This is the reason I cannot cut out carbs. Good luck to you!
  • kevinanderson520562
    Options
    I am a comfort eater so counting everything is key for me. When I first started, my first goal was to go a whole month without desserts of any kind. Some seriously stressful things happened that month including threat of losing my job. I remember calling my mother and saying " I know money cannot buy me happiness but it can buy me peanut M&Ms and that sounds like a damn close to happiness"

After that, I found some good alternatives so I could have something nice without the extra calories. I find that cherry season is amazing for me. Rainier cherries kills a sweet tooth attack for me. I found I like sugar free Jello and frozen yogurt (if you get the right stuff) is half the calories of icecream so with some portioning I can fit it in just fine.

I can totally relate!
  • tlscroggins77
    tlscroggins77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can relate. I love my food! This is the reason I cannot cut out carbs. Good luck to you!

I love carbs!!! I could cut them out either. Cut back on them yes, but give them up no way. Life is too short!! Haha!!
  • tlscroggins77
    tlscroggins77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am a comfort eater so counting everything is key for me. When I first started, my first goal was to go a whole month without desserts of any kind. Some seriously stressful things happened that month including threat of losing my job. I remember calling my mother and saying " I know money cannot buy me happiness but it can buy me peanut M&Ms and that sounds like a damn close to happiness"

After that, I found some good alternatives so I could have something nice without the extra calories. I find that cherry season is amazing for me. Rainier cherries kills a sweet tooth attack for me. I found I like sugar free Jello and frozen yogurt (if you get the right stuff) is half the calories of icecream so with some portioning I can fit it in just fine.

I can totally relate!

I have found the next best thing to ice cream (not really, but it's better than nothing lol!) frozen bananas in the food processor!! It has the same texture as ice cream!!! It is delicious!