What is a sandwich

Options
does 1 sandwich mean 2 slices of bread or 1 slice cut in half?

Replies

• Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    2 slices
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It depends. With standard sandwich bread it's usually two slices, but with round boule type loaves a center slice is large enough to cut in half to make a standard sized sandwich. And, open face sandwiches are still sandwiches.

Since most people log their food based on the actual ingredients and not a fiinal construction that can vary quite a bit, it doesn't really matter what you call it.

As a trick, though, make yourself a half a sandwich. If you're still hungry, then make or eat another half. Often times, the half is enough to carry you over to your next meal but you would have eaten the whole thing if you made a full one. That's more calories for later in the day or a snack that doesn't go over your already planned calories.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Are you attempting to use a random sandwich entry from the database? If so you have no idea what their sandwich is and would be better off logging what you actually ate.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I think the best definition would be to use some sort of flat edible product to "sandwich" an edible filling
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I think the best definition would be to use some sort of flat edible product to "sandwich" an edible filling

This, it doesn't have to be bread, it could be lettuce leaves
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be one of those "how do magnets work" questions.

Agree with Ready2Rock, just track the individual ingredients.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    If you're relying on something you found in the database and a serving size is "1 sandwich" don't use that entry. You have no idea what that person entered. You're better off entering the individual ingredients (verify the calorie counts from package label) and entering your sandwich that way.

Your account will save all the foods you've entered in your diary so you can easily find it again and don't have to search. The database unfortunately is filled with inaccurate and misleading entries. Doing your own or verifying ones there is the only way to be accurate.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if you made your own sandwich, log the ingredients separately (too late to weigh now....) so estimate

if you ate out somewhere (as I did today) choose a higher calorie option from the database

but the standard sandwich consists of 2 full slices of bread.