Eating good, feeling bad

Options
i eat very little (see my diary), drink lots of water, take a vitamin everyday but I'm still huge! Only 10 lb loss in 2 weeks should I try more exercises? If so which are good for fat burning?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ONLY 10 LB LOSS IN 2 WEEKS?! That is a dangerously high rate of weight loss. Unless you weigh 500 lbs, you need to slow down your weight loss and eat more! You've eaten less than 1500 calories COMBINED in the last 3 days, and only 47g of fat combined, that is insane. You are going to mess up your hormones.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Your calorie intake is insanely unhealthy. 10 pounds in two weeks is not a safe rate of weight loss. You should not aim to lose more than 2 pounds per week, and that is if you are obese. Please speak with someone or do some research. The stickies on the top of this page "general diet and weight loss" should be helpful.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    paloma36 wrote: »
    i eat very little (see my diary), drink lots of water, take a vitamin everyday but I'm still huge! Only 10 lb loss in 2 weeks should I try more exercises? If so which are good for fat burning?

You need to eat more!! As per other thread you started.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    That's... a lot! It may be too much. You are often eating under 1000 calories per day. Be careful with that; your body may start having problems and losing muscle at that amount.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I have to assume your trolling.

But 5 pounds is likely too fast to lose weigh.

Can't view your diary but guessing your under 1000 calories which is too low.

Eat more, log accurately and most importantly get more realistic and healthy weight loss goals. 1-2 pounds a week not 5.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Hopefully you will get help because what you are doing is not healthy. I leave this here for you.

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/
  • kevinanderson520562
    Options
    I wish I could tell you that there is a magic way to lose massive weight but the truth is that losing that much weight for more than the first two weeks in unhealthy for 90% of people. Your first two weeks you will lose a lot because there is less food in your system and your body will hold less water to process that food. After the first two weeks, weight loss is 2 lbs or less is healthy.
  • paloma36
    paloma36 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    ONLY 10 LB LOSS IN 2 WEEKS?! That is a dangerously high rate of weight loss. Unless you weigh 500 lbs, you need to slow down your weight loss and eat more! You've eaten less than 1500 calories COMBINED in the last 3 days, and only 47g of fat combined, that is insane. You are going to mess up your hormones.

I didn't even realize those stats! I tried to do 1200 calories a day but it felt like way too much to me. It's low but I just eat when I'm hungry, which isn't often. I just never want food...
  • mgoddard1527
    mgoddard1527 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I didn't even realize those stats! I tried to do 1200 calories a day but it felt like way too much to me. It's low but I just eat when I'm hungry, which isn't often. I just never want food...

Then how did you become overweight in the first place?
  • paloma36
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

Eat more, log accurately and most importantly get more realistic and healthy weight loss goals. 1-2 pounds a week not 5.

I just lost that much naturally
    I eat when I'm hungry, some days it's 950 calories, some days 75. I don't see why not force feeding myself and doing what my body's telling me to do is a problem.
  • kevinanderson520562
    Options
    I just looked, she is eating almost nothing. Less than 500 calories most days. If this is accurate, you need help. And I don't mean with losing weight. Eating like that will crash your whole body. You may lose a lot of weight quickly but it will be at the cost of your organs and muscle tissue.

I don't say this to be mean. I say it to be honest. Talk to a professional if that is truly all you are eating.
  • paloma36
    Options

Then how did you become overweight in the first place?

I didn't eat much, but what I ate was really bad, unhealthy foods. Now, I'm eating cleaner and not drinking my calories
  • Merkavar
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

I just lost that much naturally
    I eat when I'm hungry, some days it's 950 calories, some days 75. I don't see why not force feeding myself and doing what my body's telling me to do is a problem.

Sorry for accusing you of trolling, if your being serious.

I don't know if this is correct advice to be giving.

Imagine your a car but your fuel gauge is broken and stuck at half full.

Would you just assume your tank is half full? Or would you fill it up every now and then regardless of the fuel gauge?

You need to eat a certain amount of calories a day just to fuel you bodily functions, like breathing and pumping blood.

You also need calories to fuel walking running and exercise.

You need these regardless of feeling hungry.

If your eating 750 calories in my opinion you need to force your self to eat more, your fuel gauge is broken.

Correct me if I'm wrong here mfp people.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    If OP's thinking is this screwed up that they think 75cal days is acceptable, 1200 is too much and 10lbs in two weeks is slow, then I don't find it very likely that OP is overweight to begin with.

How much do you weigh, OP? and how tall are you?
  • Merkavar
    Options
    I guess to answer your original question.

Your eating clean, but eating far far far too little and is likely why you feel bad.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Wow....... Just slow the roll here. We didn't gain weight overnight and we definitely don't lose it overnight. I am not a big eater either, but I strive for good nutrition. I am under 5' ,54 and my maintenance calories now that I am at goal weight are around 1250 and1340 with swimming twice a week and between 8500 and13000 shortly steps a day. Dipping down to 1000, short term under doctor supervision is one thing, but the 300 calorie range is no where near acceptable!! You are a beautiful young girl. You didn't gain weight by never wanting food. Prelog, plan, and eat!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,

MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.