Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What to eat with a poached egg?

Replies

• rnett0205
    rnett0205 Posts: 1 Member
    I like them with sautéd (in veggie stock) black beans, quinoa, onions and mushrooms sometimes I throw in a slice or 2 of avacado
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Corned Beef Hash.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited September 2015
    I frequently eat a Mediterranean Farms spicy black bean burger topped with a slice of cheese and an over easy egg. So delicious.
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    I love a poached egg over anything with tomato sauce. The combination is fabulous and the runny yolk makes the spaghetti sauce so creamy. I have spaghetti squash mixed with sautéed onions and mushrooms and light spaghetti sauce in the fridge now. I think I'll top it with a poached egg for dinner tonight. :smile:
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    I fry a slice or two of bacon and then stir fry a little onion along with a cup and half or so of coleslaw mix. Once that's done I crumble the bacon over it and then have the egg on top using the runny yolk as a sauce.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Try poaching the egg by putting it in a soup bowl with some chopped spinach. Pour in some boiling good quality stock. Let it sit for a few minutes so the egg sets and the spinach wilts. Instant an d delicious soup. When the yolk breaks and thickens the stock, it is amazing.
  • jennamy82
    jennamy82 Posts: 39 Member
    I love poached eggs with avocado & cottage cheese!
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    your favourite bread toasted , with cracked pepper and a dash of yorkshire relish
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    finny11122 wrote: »
    your favourite bread toasted , with cracked pepper and a dash of yorkshire relish

What's Yorkshire relish?
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    I eat mine with rice, veggies, and hot sauce.
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    skinnymalinkyscot Posts: 174 Member
    edited September 2015
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    A favourite of ours: Steamed or roasted beets, a few steamed green beans, lots of cherry tomato halves, a few blobs of mild goat cheese, a tiny bit of chopped bacon, poached egg and a wee drizzle of truffle oil. You will all thank me!
  • TinyTexn59
    TinyTexn59 Posts: 96 Member
    Poached egg over a tossed salad for lunch. The yolk makes the salad taste so good! I also love to take a roasted baked sweet potato hash with peppers, onions, etc. and top with a poached egg for dinner.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    My favorite breakfast is a poached egg, on a toasted English muffin, topped with a couple of shaved pieces of parmesan cheese and chia seeds. Sometimes I have a piece of Canadian bacon too.
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    I love the idea someone posted of putting it on a veggie burger!! I eat my eggs over lightly toasted Ezekiel bread (in frozen foods at groc store). Then I don't have as much carb guilt and the yolk makes the toast yummy w/ out needing butter!
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    finny11122 wrote: »

What's Yorkshire relish?

gz7eb3qpr24h.jpg
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    my friend likes to serve hers over spiralized beets,or really any other spirilized veggies too.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    Great ideas everyone! Thanks!

Does anyone know if eggs would be good over some cheesy bacon grits?

As a southern girl who loves her bacon, eggs, cheese, and grits, YES!! That's one of my favorite breakfasts, I don't get to have it much except on a non-busy weekend because I'm always on the go nowadays.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    SO many super yummy ideas here! Can't wait to try them!