Fresh Vegetables Eat By Date

Options
So all i have is a Mini fridge for storing food and i want to start buying Frest vegetables instead of the frozen kind so that i can have more of a variety...Does anyone know how long some Fresh veggies and fruit will last in room temp? We talking...Asparagus onions potatoes avocado ...all the things you see in the produce section in the middle unrefrigerated. wil they last a week? some thing i can refrigerate

Replies

• snakegoddess_3
    Options
    onions, potatoes, avacados, tomatoes those all don't have to be refrigerated unless you cut into them and don't eat the whole thing. Most fruit doesn't have to be refrigerated either.
  • rlelliott08
    rlelliott08 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Potatoes, Apples, Oranges, Banana, Onion, anything you see not in the cool part will last atleast a week if not longer, But Lettuce cabbage, already cut up fruits need to be refrigerated, hope this helps.
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Potatoes and Onions will last a heck of a lot longer than a week. I've got 2 bags of onions I bought on sale mid-April and they're still good. My potatoes have been sitting there about a month too. With potatoes though, you want to make sure you check them before you store them. One bad potato will spoil them all. Also watch out not to get any water in there, that will spoil them too. My parents have kept home-grown potatoes for almost a year and they were still good. I'm not sure about anything else really...in my fridge I pretty much keep stuff until it's mushy/moldy/gross looking.