I thought of such a good answer

Options
Ishii19
Ishii19 Posts: 109 Member
I thought of such a good answer to the question of how I'm losing weight, guys! I just say "I just pay better attention - I was so decadent before! (Lol) I just ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted! It was crazy :)" with a smile like its no big thing - because that is how I feel about it. The thing is the way we live now shouldn't be thought of as abnormal - it's the way we lived before. Everyone is on their own journey- I'm not trying to preach, just answer the question honestly, but who knows, hearing it that way could plant a seed in someone's brain too.
Just wanted to share :)

Replies

• LULU4178
    LULU4178 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like that answer and I might even use it myself : ) I saw a t-shirt the other day that I liked. It said "Excuses don't burn calories."
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I really like that. Especially what you said about the healthy lifestyle shouldn't be thought of as abnormal. It's amazing how people don't think that way. Especially in the western world we're so attuned to seeing people who are technically overweight as "normal" and we see living and eating in an unhealthy way as "normal" too.
  • KeepGoinGirl
    KeepGoinGirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That is a great answer, I am totally going to use it!
  • jaywirth88
    jaywirth88 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    like button pressed
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It is a great answer to the question. The thing is, it is not the answer that people often want to hear. People ask, and then expect to hear about the latest fad, the sensible I count calories answer isn't sexy enough and is often met with a confused look, a "pfft", or some other advice about how I'm doing it wrong.
    I really like that. Especially what you said about the healthy lifestyle shouldn't be thought of as abnormal. It's amazing how people don't think that way. Especially in the western world we're so attuned to seeing people who are technically overweight as "normal" and we see living and eating in an unhealthy way as "normal" too.

Yes - the new normal in the Western world...People want you to say something like: "It's the sesame street letter of the day diet...I switch on the tv in the morning, and whatever the letter of the day is - well, then I only eat foods starting with that letter. I haven't even had to exercise at all. It really works!"...or something equally as ridiculous and unrealistic.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!