Any Supplement takers for weight loss???

Options
Just wondering do any of you guys have supplements that's aiding in your weight loss? If so, what kind?

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Food.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Shunitam wrote: »
    Just wondering do any of you guys have supplements that's aiding in your weight loss? If so, what kind?

No, because they are not necessary.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Food.

Omfg me too!!!!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Yeah its called cico. Its the best for weight loss. I'm now 135 lbs by using cico. I use it daily .
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Yeah its called cico. Its the best for weight loss. I'm now 135 lbs by using cico. I use it daily .

Yes! When I heard about it, I thought, "it can't be that easy"... but it IS that easy! It's helped me lose 18kg.

You too could have the same success with cico! Ask me how.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I have embarrassingly tried every, "Weight loss supplement," and I can promise you, nothing works like CICO.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Coffee and smokes
  • Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

OP, what they are suggesting is that calories in, calories out is all you need. Sorry that you were mislead by this being listed as a SUPPORT forum.
  • Shunitam
    Shunitam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Yeah, some of them are acting plain stupid and childish to be so grown. Just thought I would ask the question.
  • jaywirth88
    jaywirth88 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    on previous attempts to lose weight, i tried all types of weight-loss pills, but all they seemed to do was make me feel jittery and icky, and I thought that because I was taking them I didn't need to worry about anything else because I wasn't eating. This time I haven't used any and i'm seeing quite a bit of success. It's cheaper and makes you feel better if you just don't use them. I hope that helps to save you a little money.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Werk2Eat wrote: »
    I take whole food vitamins when i do what most MFP members would consider extreme caloric deficit. I do this when i have 25+ pounds to get to a healthy BMI. Alot of MFP members will claim this is not healthy and is not sustainable, but i have done this 3 times in the last decade with absolutely zero problems. Calories/food are not the only source of nutrients. Dont let the "Know it alls" make you think otherwise.

Look, it's against the forum guidelines to promote VLCDs. So, whether you think they're "know it alls" or not, you are in the wrong for posting this.

Also, has it occured to you that, if that method was really effective, you wouldn't have had to do it 3 times?

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

where do u buy it from not seen it in my supermarkets
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I take whole food vitamins when i do what most MFP members would consider extreme caloric deficit. I do this when i have 25+ pounds to get to a healthy BMI. Alot of MFP members will claim this is not healthy and is not sustainable, but i have done this 3 times in the last decade with absolutely zero problems. Calories/food are not the only source of nutrients. Dont let the "Know it alls" make you think otherwise.

Was this your proof for "sustainable" and "healthy"? How is it "SUSTAINABLE" if you had to do it 3 times? :smile:
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    Shunitam wrote: »

OP i havent taken any supplements for weight loss. I have just been mindful of what i eat and exercised. Exercise not necessary but does all whole lot of good both physically and mentally for me.
  • Therealobi1
    Options

3 times in the last decade is not a good advert actually. if you get things right you shouldnt have to repeat it. and NO to extreme anything thats why you keep repeating.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Most of the supplements that claim to help with weight loss are basically legal speed. There are also, I think, some that suppress appetite or cravings. HOWEVER, the problem with them is that they don't cause you to develop the habits you will need to keep the weight off when/if you lose it.
  • jaywirth88
    jaywirth88 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Most of the supplements that claim to help with weight loss are basically legal speed. There are also, I think, some that suppress appetite or cravings. HOWEVER, the problem with them is that they don't cause you to develop the habits you will need to keep the weight off when/if you lose it.

I can personally attest to that. I Yo-yoed with them for the entire 5 years i was in the military.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Here at MFP, we aren't generally fans of 'supplements' :]
    In the nicest way possible, save your money and stick to the calorie deficit. You don't need these products claiming to 'help you along the way' because they are lying to you! Only you can do this. If there was a magic supplement, there would be no overweight people!
  • xomarxdx310
    xomarxdx310 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I usually take ( when i remember) is Cla pills. For total body lean. & on occasions i take fat burners to help me boost up my workouts
  • cryshot7
    cryshot7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I googled CICO supplements but nothing came up. Where do you find this? I was just curious!