Biggest downfall

Options
Hi everyone
I am same as every one else. I'm fine during the day but comes to 7pm and i just want to eat. I have 2 kids so have bad food in the house. I eat good in work its jus at home at the night. I had gallstones and got so used to being able to eat what I want and still lose weight like 3st in 1.5 years wiv no diet or exercise but since I've had my gallbladder removed I can see the weight creeping back. Need to sort myself out and start finding time to exercise

Replies

• Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It's tough right. You're tired, you can't think straight and you just want some nurturing after a day at work. The good thing is that you've identified what your "weak moment" is, which means you can start to figuring out some strategies for coping with it. Good stuff.

One small idea (there will be lots out there, but here's one) - a reason you might want to eat when you get home is due to the feelings above. However, if you already have dinner READY TO EAT as soon as you walk through the door - maybe you'll be less inclined to eat bad stuff. How can you achieve this? Buy a slow cooker. They aren't very expensive (and they pay you back over time because they make cheap cuts of meat absolutely delicious). Throw some roughly chopped meat, vegetables and water/stock in them in the morning (while getting ready for work) and it cooks slowly and deliciously all day until you arrive home. All you have to do is dish up.

Otherwise, may I be a bit provocative for a moment though and ask you why you justify having "bad food" in the house because you have kids. Why aren't you all eating the same, good food? ;)
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to leave some extra calories for the end of the day so you can have a snack? I generally leave enough so I can have a little evening something. Pre-logging your day can help with this as well.
  • shelleljay
    shelleljay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, yes I've just bought a slow cooker so that should help. Also I sometimes forget to eat and end up that hungry that I just grad the first thing I see but now I now what I'm doing ive made sure I eat more frequently.
    And you are right I have crisp an chocolate in for the kids as treats for after their dinner but I could cut down on these.
    Alot of the time I stay within my calorie goal but I feel guilty whenever I let anything other than nutritional foods pass my lips even if I've not gone over my calorie limit
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Otherwise, may I be a bit provocative for a moment though and ask you why you justify having "bad food" in the house because you have kids. Why aren't you all eating the same, good food? ;)
    I asked myself the same question. You don't want your kids to eat junk, do you? Set them a good example and everybody wins!

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    shelleljay wrote: »
    Alot of the time I stay within my calorie goal but I feel guilty whenever I let anything other than nutritional foods pass my lips even if I've not gone over my calorie limit
    No reason to feel guilty. If you really want it and it fits your calories, enjoy without guilt. Life is short and sometimes it needs a little piece of chocolate. Also when my kids were young, their treats were mostly fruits. I occasionally baked cookies or muffins but they were whole grain and had about 1/2 the sugar as store bought and were smaller. Plus if you have to bake your goodies you are less likely to eat them as often.