obese with pcos and the joy of finally getting pregnant

Options
I started out weighing in at 326 lbs. I now weigh in at 258. Now this is not my final goal but I have been trying to get pregnant for 8 years now. I am happy to share that I am now very pregnant (35 weeks and 4 days) and have only gained 4 lbs so far. Of course, I have counseled with both my doctor and a nutritionist and both my baby girl and I are both healthy. I plan to continue my journey after my baby girl is born. I hope this is helpful and an inspiration to someone out there.

Replies

• sleepypapa
    sleepypapa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    congratulations! Being a father has been the best thing in my life. It is a lot of hard work and challenging at times, but it is so rewarding. My 2 year old daughter and 4 month old son are my reasons for getting healthy. The hardest part is the lack of sleep....other than that it is so great! My daughter sleeps thru the night just fine but my son keeps us up since he has started teething. You are in for such a great experience. very happy for you!
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's really awesome!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's really awesome!

This!

Super congrats!
  • lizzylxix30
    lizzylxix30 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, I am super excited!
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My oldest son turned 20 today! Being a mom is the best job ever! Time goes so fast. You will enjoy it so much more in good health! I wish you the best of luck for your delivery. God Bless
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is lovely to hear :) Just think you'll have a little girl soon looking up at you very proudly. You'll be able to play with her, swim with her. That's what life is about. Good luck to you both x
  • malou1985
    malou1985 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Here's to a healthy delivery. Cheers!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finding the right recipe for your PCOS!!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    That joy of finally having a baby after struggling is what life is all about :). Congratulations, I'm very happy for you! Such wonderful accomplishments. When I got there, I was even happy to be sleep deprived for such an awesome reason lol.
  • bloomelle
    bloomelle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Struggling to get pregnant was one of the hardest journeys i have been on! The day i got my +ve was absolutely marvellous! Being a Mummy is the best :) Well done dealing with PCOS and weightloss is a great achievement. Congratulations
  • Ayirioritse81
    Ayirioritse81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow. Inspirational. Congrats
  • Plump2FitPanaQT
    Plump2FitPanaQT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Very inspirational!!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You are in for a life full of love and happiness:) Motherhood is the best :) Have a healthy pregnancy and delivery. Best of luck!
  • TuesdayPlans
    TuesdayPlans Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tried for years to get pregnant and at 39 it finally happened (after I quit fertility drugs)! I also lost some weight before it happened. I gained 18 lbs during pregnancy. My doctor wanted me to gain 25 even though I was 235 lbs when I conceived. I came home from the hospital at 227 lbs.

Enjoy this time! Life will change in such a wonderful way very soon.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Great success story! Congratulations!
  • Rebekahl87
    Rebekahl87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    How inspiring! Congrats! I was overweight when I became pregnant and 4 years later I'm finally getting back to a healthier lifestyle. My kiddo is the biggest reason for getting my act together. :)
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I have PCOS too. In my first marriage we tried for 3 years to get pregnant and I did every fertility thing possible but no results. My marriage ended and then From 2010-2011 I went from over 300 lbs to 220....I met my current husband and I got pregnant after 3 months-and gained it back but I had 2 beautiful twin girls.... over the Congratulations! I have PCOS too. In my first marriage we tried for 3 years to get pregnant and I did every fertility thing possible but no results. My marriage ended and then From 2010-2011 I went from over 300 lbs to 220....I met my current husband and I got pregnant after 3 months-and gained it back but I had 2 beautiful twin girls.... over the next year, I lost it and got down to 210.... 2 weeks after their first birthday I found out I was pregnant again. I gave birth to another healthy girl... by her 1st birthday I got down to 194 :) I recently have had my tummy tucked and muscles tightened. .. my skin never had a chance to elasticize again. I have 3 yr old twins and a 20 month old and I am so blessed and happy with my miracle babies! I workout everyday and still eat clean and I've managed to keep along my journey... don't give up after your little one is born and don't get discouraged - I used to put mine in their jolly jumpers and do a workout DVD. ... make yourself a priority too. You have to be healthy and strong and happy to raise a baby :)next year, I lost it and got down to 210.... 2 weeks after their first birthday I found out I was pregnant again. I gave birth to another healthy girl... by her 1st birthday I got down to 194 :) I recently have had my tummy tucked and muscles tightened. .. my skin never had a chance to elasticize again. I have 3 yr old twins and a 20 month old and I am so blessed and happy with my miracle babies! I workout everyday and still eat clean and I've managed to keep along my journey... don't give up after your little one is born and don't get discouraged - I used to put mine in their jolly jumpers and do a workout DVD. ... make yourself a priority too. You have to be healthy and strong and happy to raise a baby :) my girls all know Mommy goes to exercise and they get healthy snacks, meals and lots of park time. Losing weight was the best thing I've ever done in my life. I went from a size 24 to a 12. I lift weights, bike, hike, run, lift weights and plyometrics. .. so happy :) please find me on fb for more support.... Shantelle Yates.
  • MzChungeye
    MzChungeye Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Gives me hope. Ttc W/pcos too
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm currently 27+1 weeks pregnant and I've gained 8lbs currently and was told to try to not gain any morre.

Good for you for planning on continuing after baby is here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!