need ideas for lunches for work

Options
Hi I need some ideas for lunches for work and also snacks. I love salty things like chips and love my Ice cream. I love junk food and this is my downfall, :(

Replies

• pmaia
    pmaia Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like the skinny popcorn. It has a salty flavor and fills me up for 100 calories.
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Make a list of vegetables you like, buy them, cook them. Make a list of meats/proteins you like, buy them and cook them too....then put the veggies and proteins together.

and stop buying chips and ice cream if you can't eat them in moderation
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I take some combination of the following to work just about every day:

-- leftovers
    -- hard boiled egg
    -- deli meat
    -- cheese (often a Babybel or cheese stick)
    -- veggies (raw or cooked)
    -- hummus (if my veggies are raw)
    -- beans
    -- nuts
    -- yogurt
    -- cottage cheese
    -- fruit
    -- soup (I do have access to a microwave)
    -- egg "muffin" (cooked ahead of time in a muffin tin and frozen)
    -- meatballs (frozen)
    -- mini meat loaves (cooked ahead of time in a muffin tin and frozen)

I don't usually take sandwiches because the only kind of bread I usually eat is Ezekiel and I like it toasted best. So I just don't bother with bread at lunch time.

I just mix and match the above, making sure I have enough protein and not just veggies or fruit. I always count up the calories beforehand because otherwise I'll forget. I really need to download the MFP app actually. lol

As for chips and ice cream, don't buy them if you can't eat them in moderation. I'm that way about good salty potato chips so I've stopped buying them totally. I might eat some if I'm out or if I buy an individual bag occasionally. But none are allowed in the house. Remember the old Lays commercial -- "you can't eat just one"..? Well that's me. Ice cream is okay, I can eat that in moderation so I sometimes have that in the freezer. You just have to do what works best for you.
  • charlenefahy
    charlenefahy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! great suggestions
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit. My lunches throughout the week are the same as on the weekend. I usually have a B.A.B. (Big *kitten* Bowl) of salad -- iceberg, romaine, baby spinach and tomatoes -- with a tbsp of olive oil and balsamic along with 5-6 oz of chicken. On Mondays, I bring in 3 grocery bags with all my produce and 5 containers of portioned out chicken. At work, I keep a cutting board, large bowl, large knife....I've stopped bringing in any type of sweets for dessert and I don't miss them. As I work in a school, I stay out of the cafeteria, LOL! Way too much junk food at the snack bar!
  • charlenefahy
    charlenefahy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just went grocery shopping loaded up on veggies, hummus and for snacks popcorn, water. I need to stay mindful of portions. the salad is a great idea! I love salads,.hopefully this all will help . I need to to start using the treadmill in the basement.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I usually bring whatever I had for dinner the night before.
  • Dustinado
    Dustinado Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I make home made protein pudding by adding a scoop of whey protein to sugar free instant pudding.