Double checking my logging.

Options
I guess this would be easier to ask if I give you my scenario.

I wanted to have cantelope & watermelon on the side this morning with my breakfast. I searched "cantelope" in mfp and found a verfied entry for 1 cup cantelope, balls. I knew I didn't want to do the ball shape but I clicked it and hit "serving size" and scrolled down to change the serving size from 1 cup balls, to 100g. I then weighed the peices on my scale to 100g and trusted mfp. Is it okay to do this? I did the same with the watermelon.

I didn't realize I could click serving size and make changes, is this accurate still? I would rather do grams for a lot of things because I feel it's more accurate.

Replies

• Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Yes, use grams and just weigh. Most things will have one of the options as "1 gram" (or you can add it yourself if you know what the calorie content is) then you add in say "85 servings" of "1 gram". lol. It sounds funny to say you ate "85 servings" but it's accurate. That's the best weighing tip I learned on these boards. It's much more accurate for most things (not liquids) than it is to say "1 cup".
  • kristirobinson1
    kristirobinson1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Okay I guess I just never thought to mess with that part of logging. I was always afraid I would mess up my logging. That's great to know that as long as the option is there under serving size I can use it! Thank you
  • tmsix
    tmsix Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's how I do it, 43x servings of 1g or whatever is correct for accuracy. I have no idea what a "cup" size is in England, as far as I know it is a bra measurement.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    tmsix wrote: »
    Yes, that's how I do it, 43x servings of 1g or whatever is correct for accuracy. I have no idea what a "cup" size is in England, as far as I know it is a bra measurement.

Lol. We have that "cup" also. But a liquid cup measure is about 250 ml, at least according to the other side of my measuring cup.