Starting Beginner Shred! Anybody want to join me?

Options
I've been a fan of Jillian Michaels for a very long time, and I've purchased several of her DVDs. However, I've never been able to finish one of her workouts. I'm just not in good enough shape. I've lost 15lbs in two months (from 200lbs to 185), and I've decided to try out her Beginner Shred workout. The first round is up for free on YouTube. I tried it today, and for a 20 minute workout, I really felt it!
My goal is to complete 30 days of Beginner Shred and then progress to one of her other DVDs. Would anyone like to join me?

Replies

• needstobefit15
    needstobefit15 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I will join I did two days worth.then stopped due to going out of town for 3 days.
  • aghack
    aghack Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I will join I did two days worth.then stopped due to going out of town for 3 days.

Awesome! I'll be going day 2 today.
  • needstobefit15
    Options
    I think I'm gonna start day 1 today. Just start over since I missed 3 days. I know it says to only work out 5 days and take 2 days off.
  • aghack
    Options
    I finished Day 2, and I definitely felt it! I get so frustrated trying to do a push up.
  • needstobefit15
    Options
    Oh yea I feel the pain in my thighs.the push ups are tough
  • Alicia4065
    Alicia4065 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in just found this today and will start today but is the one you were referring to if not can you post link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
  • mrsghosh
    mrsghosh Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Am on level 1 too..day 5 today....my scale showed 6 lbs increase after I started the program last week but am glad it was water weight n came down today ..184 lbs..goal is to get to 170 by mid oct..but I already feel leaner ..love JM..Gud luck to all of u and looking fwd to share our experiences ..
  • Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Im in!! Just started today. Who knew 20 minutes could be so difficult.
  • tamarapennycooke91
    Options
    Hi I'm in
    I've been doing the Jillian 30 day shred on and off but I have been doing it the past 3 days now.
    I really feel it too but love the way I'm feeling determined to finish the 30 days
  • needstobefit15
    Options
    I'm actually not that sore today. So I hope my body is doing some good
  • Alicia4065
    Alicia4065 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well I ended up buying the dvd and started yesterday when it arrived. For being only 20 minutes it truly worked up a sweat for me.
  • samreenhussain330
    Options
    I will def join you...i have her dvds. Will look up the link on you tube also.
  • needstobefit15
    Options
    Two things I struggle with is the modified superman and tricep dips.
  • aghack
    Options
    The push ups are my worst. I feel like such a jerk that because I can't do them! I'm getting better, though.
  • Eleted
    Options
    So glad to hear that I am not the only one struggling with a few of the exercises. I do the best modified version that I can. 3 days and oh yeah im sore!! It works!! It is suppose to get easier. Hmmm, WHY am I skeptical?? We are all getting stronger so lets do this!
  • aghack
    Options
    kikelly7 wrote: »
    So glad to hear that I am not the only one struggling with a few of the exercises. I do the best modified version that I can. 3 days and oh yeah im sore!! It works!! It is suppose to get easier. Hmmm, WHY am I skeptical?? We are all getting stronger so lets do this!

How's it going?
  • aghack
    Options
    Two things I struggle with is the modified superman and tricep dips.

I'm doing the tricep dips, but I'm not sure that my form is great. I'll keep trying.

• Eleted
    Options
    The Shred is going well. Thank u for asking. You?? I modify a few of the exercises but at least I finish the 20 minutes. Idk if its the Shred or what but weight has been dropping quicker. Maybe just coming off a plateau. It is a beautifully designed workout. I think every muscle group gets attention. I like it!! Feel stronger even if its only psychological. Haha
  • aghack
    Options
    I really like the workout, too. I always feel slightly on the edge of not being able to continue, but I can continue. It feels a lot better to finish a workout like that, rather than giving up like I did when I first tried 30 Day Shred. To be fair, I shouldn't have tried to do 30DS without ever having worked out before!
    I still struggle with push ups, but I'm getting better.
    I'm curious what fresh beatings I'm going to face in phase 2!
  • MyLifeMakeover
    MyLifeMakeover Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you guys; where do I look for the first workout on YouTube? Any help is appreciated, as I have 60 pounds to lose and need to start off slow with exercising :)