Hello, I joined today :)

Options
Hi I joined today and thought I would say hi and good luck/keep up the good work to those losing weight. I feel that me starting by signing up was the first huge step for me. So if anyone has ANY advice then I would love to hear it! Today went very well on my diet, trying the special K as a kick start :) but all day thats been on my mind is food, my house mated a big lad and has no intention of losong weight, he has big packets of crisps lying around which I don't think is helping! But I havent once gone to have a few crisps thinking it wont hurt just this once, ive stayed clear! I think that this may be a good start :) I just hope I stay motivated this time :)

Replies

• TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You are in the perfect place for support and motivation. Good luck to you too! :smile:
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    First of dont deny yourself just plan for it find out serving size and only have that much or less. If you deny yourserlf it makes you want it more.

Second dont think of this as a diet think of it at a life style change to your eating habits.

Third enjoy yourself and always try to get some form of exercise to help with the days you think you might be failing

GOOD LUCK.
  • blueocean52811
    blueocean52811 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. Yeah I hear about the junk food being in the house. I just buy my 100calorie snacks and stick to them.
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    First of dont deny yourself just plan for it find out serving size and only have that much or less. If you deny yourserlf it makes you want it more.

Second dont think of this as a diet think of it at a life style change to your eating habits.

Third enjoy yourself and always try to get some form of exercise to help with the days you think you might be failing

GOOD LUCK.

Best advice ever:bigsmile:
  • sas19
    sas19 Posts: 3
    Options
    if you are bored and feel like eating rubbish go for a walk or do some exercise, it always takes my mind off food and helps me stay motivated to the cause. When im at the gym i try to think of calories burned in terms of their chocolate equivalent if next time I reach for a biscuit and think its going to take 20 mins to cycle it away..... i'll think twice.

good luck with the life style change drink lots of water and even if you have a bad day still log everything and make the next day a better one :)