Shredding for the wedding!

Options
Hello! I'm new to MFP but I love it already. I'm getting married in March, 2016 and there's really no time like today to start a healthier life style as well as tone up for the most important white dress I'll ever wear! :p I'm hoping to be down about 30 lbs by the time of the wedding but I'm really moreso looking to starting and sticking to a much healthier and overall happier lifestyle. Looking for any and friends for support but especially for any future brides on here.

Replies

• Tarshlee
    Tarshlee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm getting married in may next year and feeling the same i had already started to get back into fitness but have added motivation now! I used mfp years ago when i got down to my lightest so i have come back to keep be on track again. I want to lose about 30kg though. Congrats on the engagement =)
  • SherriLynnLeeman
    SherriLynnLeeman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Congrats to you as well. I'm very goal oriented so having an actual date for my goal is helping me!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Healthy and sustained weight-loss begins anew every morning.
    By starting now, you are both well on your way to being Fit and Healthy Brides!

Congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • momo9123
    momo9123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! We are doing the big wedding in March of 2016. I'm working to lose another 20 pounds before the wedding and would like some bridal friends on mfp!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :]
    Regardless of how much weight you lose, you'll make a wonderful bride. It's fantastic to see you taking positive steps to get to your goal - MFP is a very good step! Wishing you the best of luck here!
  • icusnoopy
    icusnoopy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married next May (2016!) I also started a more healthier lifestyle- ever before I got engaged. He & I both did actually! So far I've lost 20 pounds. I'm sad, because I developed adenomyosis just as I really got a routine down!! And ended up having surgery in June & was off for 10 long weeks. But I'm back at it! I found my dress & I'm hoping that I'm much smaller come February for the fitting!
  • freddythefluffy
    freddythefluffy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm on the wedding train, too! I'm 5'1", started at 126, at ~121 now, and am trying to lose ~15-20lbs more for my wedding next July. It sounds like a small amount, but because I'm so short, it feels HUGE and like it's going to take me a year!

My other big goal is to get my body fat % down below 20%. I was 19% a few years ago (~110 lbs) when I was horseback riding 6 days a week (best exercise EVER, can't beat it) but am struggling to know what to do now that I don't have access to a horse to ride and don't have the time to do 3-4 hours of exercise per day :(

I'm doing 30 Day Shred, a sort of modified South Beach diet, and cutting calories down to 1200.

Feel free to add me!
  • thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am also losing for my wedding! I am getting married in January 2016 and I am hoping to lose around 21lbs. I already have my wedding dress which is a size too small, so I have to shrink to fit. Otherwise, the seamstress is going to have a big job!

Any brides please add me it would be great to support each other.
  • marsia1234
    marsia1234 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I set up a wedding 'dieters' group, if you think of a better name can always be changed!
  • hillarywhite22
    hillarywhite22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm getting married in March and looking to lose 30 lbs as well! Please feel free to add!