Stuck and it Doesn't Make Sense to Me :( Please help!

Options
2»

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Asmcriminal looked at my diary and helped me realize that I am eating far too many carbs. I will cut back on those and up my water and we will see what happens!

I really, really appreciate all the thoughts and everyone being so helpful. This community is so wonderful!

I eat a lot of carbs and I've lost weight - almost 60lbs to be exact.
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am working with a personal trainer....and it is important to give your body a rest....so if you really want to work out 7 days a week...alternate things up....say day one cardio, day two upper body, day three cardio, day four lower body, then repeat and take off on Sunday. You also want to break down your meals to 6 meals a day.....smaller meals every few hours helps to get the metabolism working. Hope this helps.
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Asmcriminal looked at my diary and helped me realize that I am eating far too many carbs. I will cut back on those and up my water and we will see what happens!

I really, really appreciate all the thoughts and everyone being so helpful. This community is so wonderful!

I eat a lot of carbs and I've lost weight - almost 60lbs to be exact.

LIKE!
  • GrrArrgh
    GrrArrgh Posts: 3
    Options
    If you're exercising more and eating less than you were, it will work out. People who eat 1200ish calories/day and exercise don't stay overweight forever; that's just physics. I would bet money that your 10lb loss in one week was a lot of water weight along with some fat loss. That doesn't mean it's not a real loss; you don't need to be carrying extra water around. But I do not think it's physically possible to burn 35,000 extra calories (10lbs) in a week without working out most of the day.

So, I think what's going on is the scale isn't moving as your body composition changes. With all those new workouts, your muscles are likely holding onto water as they repair themselves. I'm sure you're losing fat and getting closer to an actual 10lb fat loss, but it may take a bit longer to show up on the scale.