MFP First timer, Day 1, 12kg to go

Options
sansapixie
sansapixie Posts: 7 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Lately I'm suffering from emotional eating and hormonal changes :( It takes its toll and I gained rapidly a lot of weight. nothing in my wardrobe fits anymore, I can't stop eating, I feel bloated, tired and frustrated. I really hope this app will help me to sort myself out and will be the boost I need in the goal of looking better but mostly feeling better, for myself and my amazing future husband though he's super supportive and tells me he adores me and thinks I'm beautiful just the way I am :)

Replies

• Eldow1977
    Eldow1977 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My name is Liz and I'm a comfort eater. I also suffer with depression although I am very fortunate to have this under control for able 4 years now. I'm 38 so I'm starting to get the idea I may be having hormone difficulties myself but I've dealt with everything else that has come my way so I'm sure I'll cope with that aswell. I started at 304 lbs and have been on here for about 3 weeks now and loving every moments. I only weigh once a month to prevent me from rewarding myself for weight loss or over eating if I don't lose. Add me as friend if you wish
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    sansapixie wrote: »
    Lately I'm suffering from emotional eating and hormonal changes :( It takes its toll and I gained rapidly a lot of weight. nothing in my wardrobe fits anymore, I can't stop eating, I feel bloated, tired and frustrated. I really hope this app will help me to sort myself out and will be the boost I need in the goal of looking better but mostly feeling better, for myself and my amazing future husband though he's super supportive and tells me he adores me and thinks I'm beautiful just the way I am :)

I felt sad reading your post as you sound very unhappy. It is amazing to see that you have a supportive partner that accepts you no matter what but I really hope you find peace with yourself. I think this journey will help you enormously. MFP is a fantastic way to stay on track and learn new things, I hope you find it useful. Wishing you the very best of luck here :]
  • kimjaydot
    kimjaydot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello sansapixie, my name is Kim. I know how you feel. I used to be at 118 and now I'm at 142.4. I lost about 7lbs pounds so far. You just have to be consistent and try your best to diet if you want to lose weight. I used to be very athletic too. I make weight loss vlogs on youtube. Follow me if you like. The link is below

https://youtube.com/user/kimjaydot
  • sansapixie
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I felt sad reading your post as you sound very unhappy. It is amazing to see that you have a supportive partner that accepts you no matter what but I really hope you find peace with yourself. I think this journey will help you enormously. MFP is a fantastic way to stay on track and learn new things, I hope you find it useful. Wishing you the very best of luck here :] [/quote]

Dear pixie sister, thank you for your supportive kind words- don't be sad, I'm very happy! sorry you got the wrong impression. I'll admit, going through some emotional and physical changes is not easy, I believe it's important to give the body the respect it deserves, what I did up until now but I think now I'm ready for the next step: gaining back control instead of gaining weight :) x
  • sansapixie
    Options
    Elshe1977 wrote: »
    My name is Liz and I'm a comfort eater. I also suffer with depression although I am very fortunate to have this under control for able 4 years now. I'm 38 so I'm starting to get the idea I may be having hormone difficulties myself but I've dealt with everything else that has come my way so I'm sure I'll cope with that aswell. I started at 304 lbs and have been on here for about 3 weeks now and loving every moments. I only weigh once a month to prevent me from rewarding myself for weight loss or over eating if I don't lose. Add me as friend if you wish

Dear Liz, your journey sounds tough but amazing, a struggle only a true lioness can overcome! I'm really happy for you and it's very encouraging to hear about such victories and progress. Thank you for the inspiration and kind words xx
  • pinkys008
    pinkys008 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ha - a sansapixie, a pinkpixie, and I'm just a pink. We are destined to journey together! Lol.

I'm a 40 something that has allowed the weight creep to creep up too much in the past few years. I've been on mfp for about a month, and am having great success so far. It's gonna hurt when I get to that first big plateau. My goal is 50 lbs, depending on the day, mfp tells me that will be sometime between March and November of next year. I'm interested in mfp friends who will be here quite a while, too. And I totally understand the hormone concerns! Night sweats are really bizarre. Feel free to friend me if we might be a good fit!
  • sansapixie
    Options
    kimjaydot wrote: »
    Hello sansapixie, my name is Kim. I know how you feel. I used to be at 118 and now I'm at 142.4. I lost about 7lbs pounds so far. You just have to be consistent and try your best to diet if you want to lose weight. I used to be very athletic too. I make weight loss vlogs on youtube. Follow me if you like. The link is below

https://youtube.com/user/kimjaydot

Hi Kim, thank you for your support and kind words! Your Vlog sounds amazing, I'll definitely watch it and let you know how it goes :) congrats on the achievement and best of luck! x
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    pinkys008 wrote: »
    Ha - a sansapixie, a pinkpixie, and I'm just a pink. We are destined to journey together! Lol.

I'm a 40 something that has allowed the weight creep to creep up too much in the past few years. I've been on mfp for about a month, and am having great success so far. It's gonna hurt when I get to that first big plateau. My goal is 50 lbs, depending on the day, mfp tells me that will be sometime between March and November of next year. I'm interested in mfp friends who will be here quite a while, too. And I totally understand the hormone concerns! Night sweats are really bizarre. Feel free to friend me if we might be a good fit!

Yaaaay! :D
  • sansapixie
    edited September 2015
    Options
    pinkys008 wrote: »

Pink lady, thank you for the support and encouragement! It gives strength to know I'm not alone in this and to hear about others success stories really gives me hope! I'm really happy for your progress and would love to be your friend :) xx