Won a herbalife give away.

Options
I would normally drinky vegan hemp protine shake but I won formula 1 quick start on Instagram as a give away.. Any thoughts on herbalife? Good bad? Won't be using the cell pills due to having gelatin most likely coding. b9ifx2oh27zh.jpg

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It was a good thing it was free :)
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Burn it, burn it with fire.
  • roroinco
    roroinco Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I personally love Herbalife. I don't use it as a "cure all". I use it to help me on the days I don't want to put much thought into my meal planning or if I need something quick on-the-go. I treat it the same I would with any other food. I log it and count the calories. I like the taste of their shakes. My favorite is to use the chocolate or vanilla with fat free milk, Starbucks Via coffee, and ice. A great low calorie meal. I will also add a low fat protein with it (string cheese, deli meat, egg, etc). I also find Herbalife very affordable. I love iced tea, so I also really like their tea concentrate. I'm not sure why some people knock it. Again, you have to realize that it will not fix everything. Just use it as a tool in conjunction with the CICO system.
  • diemos9
    diemos9 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Burn it, burn it with fire.

LOL
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    What did the losers get? Two packages?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Just say no thanks. You'll be bombarded with them trying to push their snake oil on you now. I wouldn't drink any mlm crap if they paid me .
    These mlm products are low quality junk. You could buy better stuff from your local store. They are junk. Anything that's mlm , would be a good idea to stay away from.
    These Herbalife people where in a coffee shop once having a meeting. They where telling each other that they should say herbalife cured many common diseases and illness to sell more product. They will say anything to make a dollar
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    They may be giving it away free to make you connect it with "winning." That's done a LOT. They give it to everyone and tell them all that they won. This is supposed to make people connect the product with positive feelings and get you to use it. That way you might buy more.

I don't trust any of those shakes. If I wanted to drink a meal, I'd get some Boost or Ensure and drink that.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What did the losers get? Two packages?

:laugh:
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Now you've won it, you can proceed to place it in a bin.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Confuse someone you don't like.
    Gift it to them.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    roroinco wrote: »
    I personally love Herbalife. I don't use it as a "cure all". I use it to help me on the days I don't want to put much thought into my meal planning or if I need something quick on-the-go. I treat it the same I would with any other food. I log it and count the calories. I like the taste of their shakes. My favorite is to use the chocolate or vanilla with fat free milk, Starbucks Via coffee, and ice. A great low calorie meal. I will also add a low fat protein with it (string cheese, deli meat, egg, etc). I also find Herbalife very affordable. I love iced tea, so I also really like their tea concentrate. I'm not sure why some people knock it. Again, you have to realize that it will not fix everything. Just use it as a tool in conjunction with the CICO system.

Every post I have read of yours is to say the exact same thing, you should ask them to be on the pay roll ;)
  • queenliz99
    Options
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    Confuse someone you don't like.
    Gift it to them.

I like that. Regift <3
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    It's not necessary apart from making those fake coaches money and I wouldnt trust what's in it as they never sell those things in supermarkets.
  • roroinco
    Options

Every post I have read of yours is to say the exact same thing, you should ask them to be on the pay roll ;)

I guess I don't understand the backlash. If someone asks a question that I have experience with, then why not share that experience. I'm sorry you don't like it. It's not for everyone. I get that, but why hate on someone that it does work for. I try to stay positive on these message boards and very rarely write anything. I wouldn't attack someone else. I'm just a working mom wanting to lose weight. I work a crazy schedule and I like the convenience of shakes. Who cares....I'm not hurting anyone else.

• chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Give it back
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options

I guess I don't understand the backlash. If someone asks a question that I have experience with, then why not share that experience. I'm sorry you don't like it. It's not for everyone. I get that, but why hate on someone that it does work for. I try to stay positive on these message boards and very rarely write anything. I wouldn't attack someone else. I'm just a working mom wanting to lose weight. I work a crazy schedule and I like the convenience of shakes. Who cares....I'm not hurting anyone else.

Because those who may want to try this stuff need to understand what it is they are buying into. I drink shakes once in a while as well (especially after a long run when I don't feel like eating). But I don't go around making "religious" statements about the value of them. And that's the problem with things like Herbalife. If you buy into it, you convince yourself that you weren't ripped off and defend this to the grave. I just want to help the next person understand this.

There are no magic pills, no magic shakes, or super secret Hollywood diets. And those who sell this snake oil need to be exposed.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »

Because those who may want to try this stuff need to understand what it is they are buying into. I drink shakes once in a while as well (especially after a long run when I don't feel like eating). But I don't go around making "religious" statements about the value of them. And that's the problem with things like Herbalife. If you buy into it, you convince yourself that you weren't ripped off and defend this to the grave. I just want to help the next person understand this.

There are no magic pills, no magic shakes, or super secret Hollywood diets. And those who sell this snake oil need to be exposed.

I like you <3
  • roroinco
    Options

I didn't make any religous statements. I just stated what I do and I don't even follow what Herbalife recommends for weight loss. I just didn't appreciate someone criticizing me for sharing my experience. I don't sell Herbalife nor was I trying to. I never once said it was a weight loss miracle. I wasn't even telling the OP what to do. I guess you just don't speak on these boards if you have a different opinion. Lesson learned.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options

I didn't make any religous statements. I just stated what I do and I don't even follow what Herbalife recommends for weight loss. I just didn't appreciate someone criticizing me for sharing my experience. I don't sell Herbalife nor was I trying to. I never once said it was a weight loss miracle. I wasn't even telling the OP what to do. I guess you just don't speak on these boards if you have a different opinion. Lesson learned.

you will always be jumped on if you say you support these type of scams products. The problem is if a few people promote it, it opens up others wanting to waste their money on it.

One thing that jumps out from your OP though, is the affordable part. Never heard anyone say that before. But then I guess everyone has different budgets.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,034 Member
    Options
    I get that it is an overpriced pyramid scheme scam - however if OP has won it and she likes the shakes, I would use them. Not the pills as they acheive nothing but if the shakes are free and likeable, enjoy them.

I would just be making sure winnings are No strings attached before accepting prize.