Losing More Than Half of Me

Options
Hi,
I've been using MyFitnessPal since I was in highschool. My junior year I lost 40 pounds from using this to track my meals. Unfortunately I forget that life isn't always a breeze. My Senior year I began to gain back weight due to stress, depression, and an undiagnosed thyroid issue that I wasn't aware of at the time. My weight had such an effect on my comfort level with people, that I grew more and more antisocial. I ended up being homeschooled the last semester of senor year for multiple reasons. After high school I started Atkins because I had gained a total of 100 pounds from the beginning of senor year to about 6 months after I graduated. Atkins worked great for me for awhile and I ended up losing 35 pounds. I was still 240 but I was finally getting back down in weight. Then my birthday came around and I thought having a cheat day wouldnt hurt. Of course that turned into a cheat week and a cheat month and eventually I just stop Atkins and gained back more weight than I had even lost. I've been on and off "diets" now for almost 2 years, but I am now ready for a lifestyle change. The weight I am now is holding me back from things everyone should be able to do like ride a rollercoaster, comfortably fit into a chair, and go swimming. I use to love doing all those things but now I'm not even able to enjoy simple pleasures of life. I am here looking for support. So if you'd like to be apart of my weight loss journey, I would love to have all the encouragement and love I can get!

Replies

• CKing1786
    CKing1786 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Keep it up and work hard at it! Hope you achieve your goal and I wish you all the best. Lots of support and motivation found here!
  • ola130
    ola130 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I can understand, you can do it, we can support each other, you can add me.
  • thatsillyshana23
    thatsillyshana23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello! You've had quite a wild ride! Feel free to add me! I think you're definitely going to reach your goals and by this time next year, you'll be having the time of your life on some rollercoaster! C:
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I've done the yo yo thing for Many years. Always gained it all back and an extra 20 in the past. :( Can be really disheartening. Not sure what changed this last time around, but have managed to not gain what I've lost this time around. I'm an emotional eater who binge eats and suffer from anxiety and depression. Makes it hard some times. I've lost 140lbs. So far and have around 40 more to go. I've done The low carb route, counting calories and currently try to stick to a more vegan style of eating. Seems to suit me better. Veggies definitely fill you up fast and are low in calories. Seems like the common denominator in what ever eating style you choose is cutting out the sugar and processed foods. I luv the success stories section. Browsing the before and after photos really helps me. Losing it now while your young is awesome!
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Your story is very similar to mine, I think we just have to keep trying until we find something that works, and when we finally get the determination that nothing will stop us, it'll happened. I took a long time to learn that nothing works until I'm ready and prepared for it to.
  • marz516
    marz516 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate all of your guys' support and advice! I think finally letting other people in on my journey will help me stick to it. I also struggle with binge eating disorder, anxiety, depression, and then of course hoshimotos and hyperthyroid. Though I have negatives, I'm hoping to make my life positive again. <3
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi :]
    It's fantastic to see you that you are ready and willing to make the changes for a healthier, happier you! No one can blame you for 'falling off the wagon' so to speak - especially with the 'diets' you have followed. The fantastic thing about MFP is, you can eat whatever you want and as long as you stick to your calorie deficit, you'll lose weight (as you know already!). This community offers so much advice and support, so I really hope we can help you stay on track this time. You can do this, we all believe in you. Wishing you the best of luck!