Banana Pancakes

Options
Dogga03
Dogga03 Posts: 11 Member
Hello everyone! Imm here to share my recipe of Banana Pancakes! Feel free to share your recipes on this forum aswell, I'm all ears for new recipes to try out!

Ingredients:
1 Banana
2 Eggs

Method:
1. Blend the Banana in a blender
2. Whisk both eggs
3. Combine Banana and Eggs in a bowl
4. Pour into a pan on high
5. Cook until ready
6. Serve

Replies

• karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Idk how many time I have see this recipe, I think tomorrow might be the day to taste them, cause now I'm just too curious to see how good they are! Thans for sharing op.

• Dogga03
    Options
    Yeah scince I found this recipe it then only poped up on the internet, haha they really do that delicious though!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Isn't that more a banana omelette?
  • Dogga03
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Technically yeah but ya know I tend to not spread it around the pan like you do with Omelettes but you can do it like that, same taste just thinner and has a bigger circumference.
  • nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I cook a similar one too! Only mine is 1 banana to 1 egg & I add cinnamon & vanilla essence to mine. I call them bancakes after some clever friend coined it as such. LOL. Yummers!
  • Dogga03
    Options
    Haha yeah the recipe can be altered depending on your fitness goals, mine is to build muscle so I have more eggs with mine for protein. The cinnamon and vanilla essence sounds like it would go well too! Love the name for them too!
  • beachchic3030
    beachchic3030 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I added a little bit of flour to thicken it up n taste great
  • lmcbroom76
    lmcbroom76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    These are SO good with spray butter and SF syrup!
  • Dogga03
    Options
    I added a little bit of flour to thicken it up n taste great
    Yeah a bit of flour to thicken it all up makes it all that much more appealing while still maintaining that great taste!
  • richmond2410
    richmond2410 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I freeze my bananas when they get ripe and I am not going to eat them right away. they are terrific in morning smoothies and for making banana bread etc. Do you suppose I could use the frozen banana in these, or does it make it too watery?
  • NevionPlease
    NevionPlease Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Honestly, that's good, i do it often, but 2 eggs, 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice is SOO much better in my opinion!! Lower in calories, plenty fluffy, not overwhelmingly sweet. YUM
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    To each his own, I guess, that I tried that once and it was in no way a pancake. I threw it out.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I freeze my bananas when they get ripe and I am not going to eat them right away. they are terrific in morning smoothies and for making banana bread etc. Do you suppose I could use the frozen banana in these, or does it make it too watery?

I freeze my bananas like that too and haven't had any problem with them being too watery.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    nixology wrote: »
    I cook a similar one too! Only mine is 1 banana to 1 egg & I add cinnamon & vanilla essence to mine. I call them bancakes after some clever friend coined it as such. LOL. Yummers!

+1 on adding cinnamon and vanilla. They taste great that way. If I am in the mood for a topping, I either put natural peanut butter or some pureed raspberries on top.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I add 1 to 1 1.2 tbsp of coconut flour. It gives it more of a pancakey texture. I find it is just a little to moist for me without it.