Juciers

Options
I'm thinking of getting a juicer for the house. I love the smoothies at the gym but not the price. Any recommendations on what brand and watts?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The fiber is an important part of the fruit.
  • mykidsmom1994
    mykidsmom1994 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was thinking this would be a good way to make sure I get my fruits and veggies. I was wondering what is a good juicer? I see a lot of Nijia juicers. Not sure about the watts.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I was thinking this would be a good way to make sure I get my fruits and veggies. I was wondering what is a good juicer? I see a lot of Nijia juicers. Not sure about the watts.

Smoothies and juices are two different things.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I would avoid juicers and get a blender type device.
    Nitra ninjas etc etc all make 'smoothies'
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Do you want smoothies or juice? If smoothies, you want a blender.

I finally invested in a vitamix blender and it's amazing.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    before you go on. do you know how many grams of sugar your juice would have?
    put together the ingredients and see if that much sugar can fit in your daily calories

a smoothie at the gym can easily have 50 grams of SUGAR.

Yes. This. I make a lot of smoothies, but I also carefully measure to make sure I don't accidentally go over on calories. If you add things like protein powder, it adds a good amount of calories too.
  • tambra11
    tambra11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting a juicer for the house. I love the smoothies at the gym but not the price. Any recommendations on what brand and watts?

• GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I juice sometimes and I also blend smoothies sometimes. For me the sugar is well worth the other nutritional benefits.

I use a masticating juicer, I think the one I have is green star, and I use a ninja nutribullet for my smoothies. Both are very reliable and good at what they do. The only thing is the juicing is quite time consuming so now that I'm working 2 jobs and back in college I dont juice as often as I'd like.