Electronic Food Scale!

Options

Replies

• AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    yep - I spent a long time not weighing food but I was much bigger then. But there's a lot less room for error now. I have to admit that I really like weighing my food. It appeals to the ocd side of me I guess... haha.
    heck yes! I have to break, snap and tweek every thing trying to get that .98 oz up to 1 but nonono not the 1.02, dang try again LOL Like the weirdest game, forget ANGRY BIRDS, it's WHAT DOES IT WEIGH?

^this...to get the exact gram and grinning like an idiot when I get it.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Rhyalus wrote: »
    I think I can look at a live chicken from 50 meters and tell you how much her breasts will weigh.

I could not let this pass without 65vzti330f58.gif

• ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    yep - I spent a long time not weighing food but I was much bigger then. But there's a lot less room for error now. I have to admit that I really like weighing my food. It appeals to the ocd side of me I guess... haha.
    heck yes! I have to break, snap and tweek every thing trying to get that .98 oz up to 1 but nonono not the 1.02, dang try again LOL Like the weirdest game, forget ANGRY BIRDS, it's WHAT DOES IT WEIGH?

Haha yes.... Totally get that.
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Wait until you weigh some pasta! The shock.

Haha it got me too!!!!

• momoharuno
    momoharuno Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Wait until you weigh some pasta! The shock.

When I think of the giant bowls of pasta I used to consume, the horror *faints* :D
    I love my scale, my husband and I don't eat or make anything without weighing it first lol I have a pretty large collection of recipes saved on here and I edit them every time to reflect anything that changes even .1 of an ounce (sadly no gram option on my scale) I like to think it definitely had something to do with the 30lbs I've lost so far, portion size was most definitely my problem and this is the best tool for fixing that! :)
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I start crying when i weigh my cheese :(

Pasta i knew but cheese i could eat also unlimited
    And just some 1 inch cubes of cheese is easily a couple hundred calories...sighs

Poor me
    As a Dutchie i want/need and loveeeeeee cheese. All sorts of cheese. I like it all!

95069916.png
  • momoharuno
    momoharuno Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I start crying when i weigh my cheese :(

Pasta i knew but cheese i could eat also unlimited
    And just some 1 inch cubes of cheese is easily a couple hundred calories...sighs

Poor me
    As a Dutchie i want/need and loveeeeeee cheese. All sorts of cheese. I like it all!

95069916.png

Oh yeah, I remember the first time I weighed pepper jack cheese for a burger, I had the saddest look on my face and was just like, "Really?" My husband was laughing so hard he had to hold onto the counter, it's a precious memory now but boy was it a reality check at the time! :D
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Well the thing is i can fit it in my calorie amount now..but to much salt also...sighs...So out it is :(

95069916.png
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER! COFFEE CREAMER! *shakes fist*

Have you tried things like Coffee Mate's Natural Bliss brand cream? Around 30 calories for a tablespoon. Made with skim milk and cream. I love the stuff.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    xtrain321 wrote: »
    Over several months of going crazy with bananas--not weighing them and logging the "medium banana" calories--I gained about 7 pounds! (I like them a LOT.) I HAVE a food scale, just didn't think I needed to weigh bananas. Now I do, and I dropped the 7 pounds!! :):)

I actually posted a response on a different topic about the ridiculousness of weighing bananas and apples. I remember being a little too cocky and saying "This isn't NORMAL behaviour!!!". I am totally eating my words now and if anyone is reading this who saw me say that in that thread, I hold my hands up! I am now a banana and apple weigher! I used to log my bananas as 'large' or 'medium' and I have been well out all along!

I am wondering if I'll need to continue to weigh as I enter maintenance? But I imagine i'll have to cross that bridge when I get there! :D

I have been told off a few times for suggesting someone weigh their fruit. To be honest, I have no idea who they were. Glad to hear you are enjoying your scale! :smiley:

ETA: I used to think it was nuts too. I never considered that a person could get fat from fruit. It's all about quantity.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options

Have you tried things like Coffee Mate's Natural Bliss brand cream? Around 30 calories for a tablespoon. Made with skim milk and cream. I love the stuff.

I haven't, however I've noticed it in the stores. It's tasty then? Maybe I'll try it now that I've heard from someone who likes it :) the calorie amount's pretty much the same but it might be nice to try something different.
    I think so! But I have never been a fan of creamer. My mom actually prefers powdered creamer, so ymmv.

I like hazelnut, or cinnamon the best. :)
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Hello every one :]

I've seen many "Why am I not losing weight" posts and many "Buy a food scale and weigh every thing" answers. I'm going to admit - I haven't ever weighed my food and I guess I became pretty good at guessing. Today however, with thanks to the many posts I've seen here - I purchased an electronic food scale! I am actually shocked at the calorie differences in food I've simply 'guessed' in the past!

I was missing 30 calories from my daily banana, 20 from my daily apple and my bowl of granola came in at over 100 calories more than I had been guessing! Already I had been under guessing by 150 calories just for my breakfast alone! I dread to think how inaccurate my evening meals were!

I may have lost 30lbs regardless of not having scale but I am so glad I invested today! It really does show the important of weighing - there are vital calories being missed out on and it all adds up! I just thought i'd share in case you were debating whether or not to buy one. People definitely aren't saying 'weigh your food' to be awkward, it's true and I imagine it can really make a difference for those who are struggling with their losses!

Happy Sunday every one - and thanks again for all of your amazing and VERY helpful advice :)

@PinkPixiexox My food scale is my FAVORITE THING! I'm actually thinking of getting another one, I love mine so much!
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options

I Use international delights sugar free fat free and it's only 15 per tablespoon AND they just came out with Pumpkin spice to go along with the vanilla and caramel flavors.
  • sashayoung72
    Options
    All this scale talk, I was checking out the small pocket ones, you know to store in my purse, how cool...BUT I live in central kentucky and every other day there's a METH bust..... Ma'am, why do you have a scale on your person? ummmm to weigh my FOOD! yeah.... I just don't know now if I want that on my person, cause i'm the type that would start to laugh insanely thinking this is the funniest thing ever!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    All this scale talk, I was checking out the small pocket ones, you know to store in my purse, how cool...BUT I live in central kentucky and every other day there's a METH bust..... Ma'am, why do you have a scale on your person? ummmm to weigh my FOOD! yeah.... I just don't know now if I want that on my person, cause i'm the type that would start to laugh insanely thinking this is the funniest thing ever!

Wow, it's funny you should say this - I was just about to google 'pocket sized scales' so I can carry them around with me in my bag! I'm hoping we sell something like this in the UK!

I laughed at the meth story :D:D:D!
  • sashayoung72
    Options
    I weighed my peanut butter.... *sob* that MEASURING SPOON LIES!!!