Is it normal?

Options
So I'm kind of busy studying for final exams and such but I had a quick question for you all.
Long story short, due to school and work my weight loss had been stunted for the past few months.
However, I just weighed myself today and realized that I not only dropped to my weight goal BUT was actually two pounds under it!
Now, hold your applause please because here's my question.
I still have a bit of abdominal fat that makes me self-conscious so I'm thinking of extending my weight loss regimen just a bit longer.
I'm a 6'0" man, currently weigh 177lbs and according to my body fat monitor currently have 19% body fat.
Would there me an "observable" difference in terms of my belly fat if I decided to drop down say to around 170 - 165 lbs?
And is it normal to feel this way even after reaching your goal?
Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Armando :)

Replies

• BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like it's time to start maintenance and toning mode.

Start throwing in a little more resistance , weight training in and look for changes in your muscle tone instead of changes on the scale.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Forget the scale. Start lifting weights and building muscle. Your number on the scale might go up, but you'll turn into a fat burning machine (especially combined with a low carb high protein diet).
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    6' and 177 sounds thin enough, but that is just me. I would just tone now.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I only really noticed a difference to my waist after the last 10 lbs. The shape changes now, with exercise, but the quantity was weight loss.
  • MugetsuNoYoru
    Options
    I became so obsessed w/the cardio that I totally neglected weight/resistance training.
    Not to mention I'm not very knowledgeable regarding these types of exercises...besides crunches of course :P
    What would you recommend?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I became so obsessed w/the cardio that I totally neglected weight/resistance training.
    Not to mention I'm not very knowledgeable regarding these types of exercises...besides crunches of course :P
    What would you recommend?

Your best bet would be to find a trainer to work with who can tailor a program to your goals. They can also help you tailor a diet regime to go with your workouts.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    sorry, double post
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    If you have never really done weightlifting before I would suggest push-ups and sit-ups. Use your own body weight for resistance training.
  • MugetsuNoYoru
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the suggestions.
    It's easy to get carried away w/all the fat issues that you totally forget about the importance of MUSCLE.
    I will definitely keep all of you posted on this new step in my regimen :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!