3 stone to lose! Postnatal weight loss

Options
Hi everyone
Would like some motivational friends to add me. I just gave birth to my son 3 weeks ago. I have gained 3 stone I have a lot to lose for a woman of 5 ft 2 in height!!
Can anyone give me any advice? It's going to be a very long journey

Feel free to add me
Thank you

Amirah x

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your son :]
    I wouldn't worry too much about this weight gain, you've got a fantastic little boy out of it so regret nothing! Onwards and upwards - baby steps - you'll get there. Stick with MFP for support and advice and you'll have no problems! Remember, you've just had a baby so no need to heap pressure on yourself. Eat a little of what you love in moderation and enjoy the process. This isn't going to happen overnight, it will take months of determination and positivity - but you can do it. I promise. Good luck!
  • parfia
    parfia Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your baby boy!

I gained an eyewatering 5 stone during my pregnancy (we lost our first baby and I got pregnant straightaway with my little girl so had the weight gain from both pregnancies). Its taken me until my little one was 2.5 to start losing the weight so kudos to you after just 3 weeks. Remember no exercise until 6 weeks post partum and look after yourself - being a Mommy is hard work in itself.

Feel free to add me and good luck with your journey - you'll do great!! :)
  • feefeemac3133
    feefeemac3133 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your son! I had a baby 15 weeks ago now and started MFP and exercising 5 weeks ago so well done on starting early, if your exercising take it easy until your check up at 6 weeks. I found my body this time round took a lot longer to lose the extra fluid I was carrying so you could still have this floating around too, drink plenty of water to flush any extra fluid away and good luck with your weight loss, you'll get there don't rush to much! X
  • amirahfatty
    amirahfatty Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you, you are all so sweet. I hope I still have fluid because I'm shocked at the fact that my rings still won't fit on my fingers and my shoes won't fit my feet properly either even though they look like they've shrunk back to normal!!!
    I've just been trying to eat healthily- using my past experience of slimming world recipes to help me. And just trying to walk whe pushing the pram!
    I have terrible joint pains from pregnancy and still haven't recovered so can't do much strenuous exercise.
    I'm still recovering from stitches during labour too - being a mum sure is hard work, I'm breastfeeding so hope that helps with the weight loss too xx
  • only1blkqueen
    only1blkqueen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had my 2nd child 8/18 and have started back witking out this week. Not doing any core work yet - mostly cardio and moderate weights. I have lost all my pregnancy weight and dome. I think it was fluid snd the fact that the baby blues got the best of me for a few weeks. Thankfully I am over that hump. Congrats on the little one.
  • 89GermanG
    89GermanG Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Would like some motivational friends to add me. I just gave birth to my son 3 weeks ago. I have gained 3 stone I have a lot to lose for a woman of 5 ft 2 in height!!
    Can anyone give me any advice? It's going to be a very long journey

Feel free to add me
    Thank you

Amirah x

Hi, I just had my baby 12 weeks ago and I'm also 5'2 in height. Are you breastfeeding? If so, make sure you get your nutritions while losing weight. All I can tell you is to take it slow and eat within your calorie goal. You can't probably work out yet but you could take walks with your baby every morning. I started to go to the gym 6 weeks after I gave birth (had a c-dection), but always ask your doctor. You could also put your baby in a baby carrier and do squads and walk. Feel free to add me!
  • seomra
    seomra Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Best of luck and mind yourself, I didn't start minding my diet properly till my little one was 9 weeks and sleep in a bit better. Lack of sleep in the early days is very draining. With regards to feeding- drinks lots of water and increase your protein- eggs, fish, Greek yoghurt, even peanut butter. Porridge every morning really fills me! I've lost / stone in 12 weeks and the only real exercise I do is walking with the pram- and housework!!
  • seomra
    seomra Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    seomra wrote: »
    Best of luck and mind yourself, I didn't start minding my diet properly till my little one was 9 weeks and sleeping a bit better. Lack of sleep in the early days is very draining. With regards to feeding- drinks lots of water and increase your protein- eggs, fish, Greek yoghurt, even peanut butter. Porridge every morning really fills me! I've lost 2 stone in 12 weeks and the only real exercise I do is walking with the pram- and housework!!

• FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! Anyway I had to look up what 3 stones was (42 pounds) . Congrats on your new little one. My son is 1 1/2 and I just started getting back into the swing of things a few months ago. I'm also 5'2" and when he was born I was 190lbs (i started at 155 when i got pregnant). Now I'm finally at 153. So it's slow going but I've jsut starting running again and weight lifting. it's hard, being a mom is hard. But you can do it. Just do what you always have. It does come back naturally, the idea of eating right. The hard part is getting in the workouts. I run with my son in his stroller (which total adds an addtional 60 pounds to push) and then do my workouts before he wakes up, or during naps. You got this. And you can always add me as a friend :-)
  • amirahfatty
    amirahfatty Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I attempted to do the cize workout today by Sean T (beachbody workout). I'm 4 weeks post partum this Sunday. I enjoyed the workout but don't think will continue the program until I'm fully recovered. I'm very paranoid that I'll do damage but I got too excited when I got my hands on the cize workouts! Lol

All your words have been a super comfort to me. I hope I manage to lose 2lb consistently every week until I reach my normal weight again.

Will add you all - it's great to be surrounded by positive people!