Sticking to the rules and not losing weight?

Options
Hey everyone. So for the last 2 weeks I've stuck to my calories, exercised and cut alcohol dramatically BUT I haven't lost any weight. Any thoughts on why or things I might be doing wrong? I've already lost over 2 stone so I'm not a novice to this, but after a 6 month break I've returned to lose my final stone. Thanks x

Replies

• Crochet180
    Crochet180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Calories in/Calories out. That's the bottom line. Weigh every single morsel. Measure every alcoholic drink. Log it all. Measure yourself. Don't fixate on the numbers on the scale, start connecting to your body and its shape. And most important of all, don't give up and have a giggle along the way.
  • Crochet180
    Crochet180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    By the way congratualtions on losing 28lb, that's a fabulous acheivement right there.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    With little to lose, margins get small. Do you weigh all your food, double checking entries from database? Do you eat back exercise calories? Are you sure you're not losing weight? Do you weigh every day?
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm going to use a MFP favourite - are you weighing and logging all your food? ;)
    Seriously, you'd be amazed at the calorie differences in 'guessed' food and actual weighed food. It can really impact your daily allowance! You've lost an amazing amount of weight already - well done and hang in there!
  • rachelann92114
    rachelann92114 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Do you eat breakfast? Breakfast or some light snack eaten less than 30 minutes after you wake up will jump start your metabolism. Also water. Drink lots of water. Maybe try mixing it up too. Sometimes our bodies get used to the same routine. Try switching when you eat your big meal or try a new exercise routine-instead of cardio try yoga.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do you eat breakfast? Breakfast or some light snack eaten less than 30 minutes after you wake up will jump start your metabolism. Also water. Drink lots of water. Maybe try mixing it up too. Sometimes our bodies get used to the same routine. Try switching when you eat your big meal or try a new exercise routine-instead of cardio try yoga.

no
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Meal timing doesn't matter for weight loss, it's a myth. Our bodies 'getting used to' an exercise routine just means that you should try to do a progressive routine - if you lift weights, continuously try to lift heavier weights, if you run, try running faster or longer. You don't need to completely change what exercise you do if you enjoy the exercise you're doing. Even if you don't push yourself harder, you'll still burn calories and lose weight if you're eating the right amount.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options

And drink green tea to boost your metabolism, and avoid processed foods and eat clean and don't eat too little or you'll go into starvation mode aaaaand have I missed anything? Eat lots of small meals? Cut out all carbs? No diet soda because it's toxic and will give you diabetes and make you fat? DO A DETOX!!!!!11!!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

katem999 wrote: »

And drink green tea to boost your metabolism, and avoid processed foods and eat clean and don't eat too little or you'll go into starvation mode aaaaand have I missed anything? Eat lots of small meals? Cut out all carbs? No diet soda because it's toxic and will give you diabetes and make you fat? DO A DETOX!!!!!11!!!

both of you stop. .... (and yes @katem999 , i know you were being sarcastic but others may not see that ;) )

• LouiseR81
    LouiseR81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Thanks so much for all your tips and advice!

I only weigh once a week at the exact same time, I've always found this to be enough. I don't take measurements, which I guess now I'm into the last stone I should do really!

I am 100% guilty of guesstimating tut tut so I'll try tightening up on that this week and see if that helps :smiley:

Thanks again! X
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    One of the densest accumulations of wrong info I've seen in a long time.

• sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    One of the densest accumulations of wrong info I've seen in a long time.
    They tell you that in weight watchers, I had a doctor look at me so absurd when I asked about that.... Let's just say that's a myth to file in the crappola pile