Underwear for wearing under gym leggings?

Options
Has anyone found underwear that is good for wearing under tight sports leggings?

All of my underwear either rides up awkwardly when I work out or has a very visible underwear line that I put up with but in an ideal world, I'd rather not have a pronounced line.

I've heard that some people go commando but I don't think I'm game to try that.

Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    wear shorts over the leggings? wear a g-string. dont wear the tight leggings?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
  • vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    g-strings, I can't imagine trying to wear giant undies under leggings >.<
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    vegangela_ wrote: »
    g-strings, I can't imagine trying to wear giant undies under leggings >.<

this
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I wear microfibre seamless bikini cut. I can't imagine working out in a g string!
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    That thong thong thong thong thong :D
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Compression boxer briefs for me.

I don't like my gf wearing super revealing clothes and I don't do it either

In the cold weather I wear them with nothing under them but have cycling shorts on over them

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I just broke down and use a thong. The VPL was just still a little too much even with sports underwear (which you can get moisture wicking "no show" Champion underwear) at Target.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I swear by the Under Armour Pure Stretch Thong. I've always been anti-thong, but these are surprisingly comfortable even for running. I've *never* had a problem with chafing, since the edges are laser-cut instead of hemmed or seamed. And best of all, the extra fabric in the gusset helps ward off camel toe.

Cue at least one person saying I shouldn't care about that, but I do. So.

ETA: Reebok has a similar product, that comes in sizes instead of one size fits most.
  • KerrymBurgess
    KerrymBurgess Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sweaty Betty do the most amazing seam free sports pants, I wear them under riding breeches and they're great!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Gym: thong or commando
    Running: thong or microfiber brief
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i just wear hipsters. there are sports underwear that is supposed to be moisture wicking and minimize vpl.
    i don't have much of one but i don't care if i do or not.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The Now Show series from VS are working well for me! I also found that pants/leggings from sport brands can also mask that better than my other workout pants/leggings... just that they're also expensive. Worth the investment though.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I like Gap or VS lace thongs, they lay flat and stay in place. Same ones I wear for everything else.
  • selmafeki
    selmafeki Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thongs/seamless panties. Anything will do really. If its a big problem and you cant find any other panties you like - wear a long top that covers your bum. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I only wear gstrings or t-strings to work out. I see some of the "fitness" brands make thongs that look really comfortable. I've been meaning to grab a few.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I wear microfibre seamless bikini cut. I can't imagine working out in a g string!

Thank you! Um something up my butt while I exercise na im good! Lol. At walmart there are those seamless and there are the ones for dri underwear by avia they are so nice they wick the sweat and are not noticeable I think but they have seamless or bando type undies too. Or you know no undies.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Commando.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I just wear long tops. I need to get microfiber undies though.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Thank you! Um something up my butt while I exercise na im good! Lol. At walmart there are those seamless and there are the ones for dri underwear by avia they are so nice they wick the sweat and are not noticeable I think but they have seamless or bando type undies too. Or you know no undies.

if you get the feeling that the thong is "up your butt" then you're wearing the grandma version of the thong- wear a real thong that's the right size and you'll never notice it.