Yogurt lollies

MsMadmagic
MsMadmagic Posts: 66
edited September 28 in Recipes
Hi All

Does anyone know if you can make lollies using yogurt and one of those lolly maker moulds that you put in the freezer???
Or would I need to add something??
Thanks in advance x

Replies

• kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    add fruit!!! (blended) like strawberries and some water too. A bit of nosugar jello powder.
  • MsMadmagic
    Thank you. As the weather is starting to pick up a bit here I just want something to replace Ice cream for those really warm evenings, not that we get loads of them in the UK!!!
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Hey this is a fantastic idea :) I really fancied an ice cream the other day will have to make up some of these lollies...only problem is i have a small freezer and its currently full whoops!
  • Forda1
    Forda1 Posts: 1 Member
    I take a muffin pan big or mini-- put wax paper in the cups or use silicone muffin cups- pour yogurt- mostly yogurt--- cover with foil and stick a handle into the foil down into the cup and freeze it. You can put a whole piece of favorite fruit in the middlelike peach, pineapple, grape, or strawberry. My kids in my home ec class love it. What do I use for sticks? - lollipop sticks are ok. I prefer wood flat craft sticks and if I make the big muffin cups I just use plastic spoons. If you are the short of room and the crafty sort you can save yogurt cups and split the yogurt between two of those cups. They pop out when you hold them in your warm palm. The cost less than 25 cents a piece and this splits the calories. It is a low sugar, low calorie treat. Yummy!
  • linnachel
    linnachel Posts: 4 Member
    I just put my yogurts in the freezer!! Eat em with a spoon and its literally "frozen yogurt"....yum-o!
  • MsMadmagic
    Hahaha. Why didn't I think of just putting them in the freezer. Genius!:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.