NSV!!!! Finally off my plateau

dlrandolph
dlrandolph Posts: 30
edited September 28 in Success Stories
I started MFP on 4/8/11 at 185 lbs and had a good weight loss right at the beginning of my journey. After about a month, I was down to 171.4 and I joined a weight loss challenge. I hit a plateau as soon as I started! I was stuck at 171.4 for 6 weeks and I was so discouraged because everyone else was losing weight. I have to admit they were working a lot harder than I was because it seems like I had a lot of distractions during that time. I kept watching my calories and drinking water, but wasn't working out as much. At times I would go over on my calories and would feel really bad about that too. I was eating some of things I really wanted, but in moderation. I wasn't logging as much and was barely hanging on...was losing some enthusiasm. I recently started back working out and surprised myself when I got on the scale today...MY SCALE READ 162.8!

I really don't know what did it, but I'm glad it worked :-). It was just what I needed to get me going again!!!

Replies

• mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Yea!! Congrats on busting your plateau!!
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    That's awesome! Good for you! Glad you never gave up.... that's why you are reaping the rewards! :-)
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Woo! That is great and very motivating for me as I'm kinda 'stuck' too. Well done and thanks for sharing
  • khodges15
    khodges15 Posts: 114
    Good for you! Im going through the same thing right now. I enjoyed my month of May but now its time to get back at it! Congratulations!!! :)
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Your message was an inspiration to me. I am currently at 162 and stuck. Increasing my exercise and will see what happens. I started at 209 (last doctors visit) on December 2dnd. Thanks for the bump message.
  • dlrandolph
    Thanks everyone! Your comments are encouraging as well.
    We can do it!!!
  • dlrandolph
    I just learned today that NSV means non-scale victory...I thought it meant New Shred Victory (like shredding pounds).
    Sorry about using it incorrectly in my topic.
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    I saw you said you were stuck and I am too! It seems like I get discouraged because everybody else is losing faster. I know my age has a lot to do with it but I want it gone yesterday!!!

Just thought I would say hey!

Jean from Iowa
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!