I'm only eating fruits and veggies, but GAINING...what is the problem?

2»

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Kalikel wrote: »
    You're not just eating fruits and veggies. Cool Whip is not a vegetable.

It could be a water issue, a period, new exercise. It could also be that you're eating too much to lose. Give it a few more weeks, if you don't lose anything, eat less.

OP is on disability from a broken back, and per the OP hasn't exercised in over 2 months due to mono. Pretty sure we can safely rule out "new exercise water weight".
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Thanks all...all pointed suggestions on weighing and eating less while I'm sick. I'll Def work on accuracy and tweaking and hopefully, I'll see some results. I also set up an app with a nutritionist today, so that'll help.

Do all this, but make sure that your focus is on taking care of your body and healing first and foremost. Undermining your nutrition while your body is healing isn't good for you either, and will slow your healing and make it less effective. Allow your body to heal properly, and consider eating at maintenance until you are well and then going back to your weight loss efforts.
    I'm somewhat in the same boat as you, and when I'm healing, I'm at most working on losing 0.5 pounds per week to make sure I'm giving my body what it needs to rest and heal. I find I feel much better and less fatigued, doing so.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    I also think that while you are healing you need to not starve. I waited after my last hip surgery for three months before I started counting calories. I also realized at that point that I needed a lot more protein in my diet.