What Are You Most Excited For, When You Reach Your Goal?

Options

Replies

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    ljk0615 wrote: »
    I can't wait to eat at maintenance

Another vote! More calories, please!
  • rebeccam279
    rebeccam279 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Fitting into my old clothes, not being disgusted by all my photos and being complimented by someone other than my boyfriend.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    ebbingfat wrote: »
    I just can't wait to be able to walk into any store and look at their clothing selection. There are so few places that actually have cute looking plus size clothing. And because I do still like to wear nice clothing, I do almost all of my shopping at Torrid which gets to be SO expensive. I went to the mall with my friends the other day, and I was just SHOCKED at some of the prices on clothing. We were in Aeropostale, and they had some tank tops for like $1.99 and a bunch of shirts for like $10-15. Most of my shirts run me about $40 on the low end, and jeans are like $60+. Once I get into normal sizes I could wear designer brands for some of the prices I'm used to paying.

If you have a JC Penney near you, you should be able to pick up basics fairly cheaply at clearance sales. I did when I was plus size.

I need to take my own advice and go there now that I'm building my new "fat" wardrobe! Four more pounds before I start a recomp. . .
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I want to buy cute clothes and not stupid frumpy T-shirts.... I wanna buy some cute Lilly Pulitzer dresses in a normal size!
  • run_cmc
    run_cmc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Confidence. Can't wait to get some more of that.
  • itsbakertime
    itsbakertime Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am excited to wear cute styles I've never felt comfortable wearing! Also, hope it will further my singing/acting possibilities!
  • dstock80
    dstock80 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to saying hello to my jawline and goodbye to my extra chins!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I look forward to being fit enough not to feel tired most of the time.

But for now the big thrill will be when I get down to size 12 and can shop in regular stores knowing they carry my size (even though they still might sell out of it on occasion).
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »
    I also can't wait until I can not steal everyone's cameras to delete their full body photos that they took of me, hahahaha

This was my thing and still is. It is freaking amazing not to be worried when someone takes my photo. I am not always happy with the way I look in full shots but it's SO nice that instead of horror and feeling near tears every single time, I am happy with them 80% of the time and 20% of the time I'm thinking "wow, your posture sucks" or "That is NOT a flattering top" but still pleasantly surprised with the way I appear.

The biggest thing I look forward to is just being comfortable with my body all of the time (mentally). I'm almost there, again speaking of mentally. But always progress to be made.

• lisagrice2
    lisagrice2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When the Gwenie Bee Ads stop rolling on all of the websites with ad sense.

Amen Denise! I'm pretty much horrified that myfitnesspal shares my size data with their advertisers. I just discovered this today (generally log on with mobile) and started looking for a new app.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm wishing you the best of luck on the road to a happier you :]
    Please know that you are beautiful and unique regardless of size. Don't cover up in your hoodies because you don't feel worthy of showing your skin. Don't suffer through extreme heat because you are ashamed of how you look. Be proud of every inch of you - including the parts you are working on. Remember, you will lose the weight but you still will be you. Your personality and your quirks. You don't have to look a certain way to be accepted - not in my world anyway. I hope, as your journey progresses, you find peace with who you are no matter what your clothes size. Best of luck.
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started dating my boyfriend last year in June and he used to be able to lift me up and had no problems. I've since gained about 25 lbs so yeah, I want him to be able to do that again without me fearing he will break his back.

I also want to, as someone said earlier, not have to run and untag my facebook pictures after an event.

Also, I used to say "ugh I'm fat" when I wasn't even fat and people would be like "you're not even that big". Now when I say it or joke about it, they agree and don't give me any arguments.

My mom also passes me her clothes and when others want to buy me something, they don't even consider a medium anymore, just large and XL.

Lastly, it will be nice to have my old neck back. When I snapchat or front face the camera, the double chin scares me for a quick second. Rant over! Let's do this!

AH! EVERYthing you said, I agree with and empathize! I want all the same things. One day at a time, I know, but I cannot wait to celebrate these NSV's!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That I will no longer have to worry about being featured on the "People of Walmart" website. :)
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Buying quality pieces of clothing, that I can wear from year to year. Signing up for the national weight loss registry.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to be wearing sizes in the single digits and to build up a nice closet of clothes when I get there. Still a long way away though. I also look forward to wearing a dress, which I have never done before.
  • caseyelizabethmfp
    Options
    I can't wait to fit into smaller jeans and even wear skinny jeans that I actually feel skinny in...
    I even have my first goal of trying to fit in my friends "fat" jeans she gave me when she lost weight (that I don't even fit into yet, just one more size down hopefully).

I want to get a tattoo, specifically a sleeve when my arms are fit and a thigh tattoo.

I want to hit maintenance so I can eat more. Hahaha.
  • olsongal86
    olsongal86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Getting dressed and not feeling the need to cry.
  • moeneyluv
    moeneyluv Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cute fitted clothes, boots that can zip up, layering up in the winter but still looking skinny despite all the layers
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    When I started my journey, I wanted to fit back in my size 8 clothing. Over 2 years later, my life has changed for the better more than I could imagine. I don't think it was losing the extra weight, but how much was putting everything into perspective.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    To have more choices of clothes and get so stressed out about clothes shopping.

To be able to run, jump, push, pull, lift, bend, kneel, etc. This has become as much about fitness as about the scale!

SW 301
    CW 196
    GW 150
    15 months