Need a Recommendation for a HRM that Won't Break the Bank!

Options
Hi friends,

I just reached 10 lbs lost and promised myself a heart rate monitor. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good HRM that isn't super expensive? Thanks in advance!

Andrea

Replies

• nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    i just got the New Balance N4 Women. so far so good. it has the chest strap, only way to be accurate. Good Luck!
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and LOVE it!!!! Couldn't be acheiving my goals without it. Good Luck!
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and LOVE it!!!! Couldn't be acheiving my goals without it. Good Luck!
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i just got the New Balance N4 Women. so far so good. it has the chest strap, only way to be accurate. Good Luck!

I have this one too! No complaints here either. I got mine at Target.
  • JustBill
    JustBill Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4 for $89 at Amazon.com. I love mine.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Do not get a Timex mine broke in 3 months!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 at heartmonitorsusa.com for 82.17. You won't need anything more than that and that is the cheapest I've ever seen it.
  • amycavanagh
    amycavanagh Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have my mums old polar for now it is really old and still does the job am saving up for a new one at the moment.
  • Jamiemielke
    Jamiemielke Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have a timex and Love it!!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Polar FT7 and I am so PSYCHED!!!! Can't wait to start using it. I almost ran into someone tonight riding my bike and trying to do the 2 finger thing on my MIO. It served me well. If anyone would like it, message me. It's yours for the asking.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I bought one of these off Ebay for $46 shipped. I have no complaints, I can set my exercises based on intensity (walk, Cardio DVD, etc.) and I would recommend it.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I have a garmin forerunner 305 I love it and it was on sale. Has a chest strap and gps and calculates calories burned =)
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options

This is the one I have and i purchased it at Target for $69.00. Love it!
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this will help you any but...........Here is a link that was posted in another thread with a lot of information on HRM's. Also, I would suggest getting one with a chest strap as they are better to calculate an accurate HR.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

I purchased a Polar FT40 a few weeks ago to replace my old Polar FS3 (which didn't calculate calories burned) and I :heart: the FT40.

You can search the internet for specials and lowest prices if you are shopping for a HRM on sites like Amazon, sporting stores, ebay, etc.

I bought both of mine on heartratemonitors dot com and also found an online coupon for it and saved an additional $10.00 in addition to it being on sale at the time I purchased it :smile:

Actually I just checked on heartratemonitors dot com and the FT40 that I bought is on sale today for $129.66 with free UPS 1 - 2 days delivery. I paid around $149.95 on sale when I got my FT40 so this is now a good price :wink: for anyone looking at the FT40 !

And for anyone looking at the FT7 - it is also on sale for $82.17 with free shipping !
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the Polar FT7. So easy to set up and use.. and it's pretty accurate in my opinion. I know some people said heartratemonitorsusa has them for 82, but I got mine off of drugstore.com for 79.. only a lil cheeper, but hey every dollar counts!

I would also steer clear of the unisex Timex Zone Trainer.. way over estimates on the calories and only lets you enter weight.. which means its not as accurate as some that let you enter weight/age/height and sex.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    My sister and I were just discussing HRMs this weekend because I am in the market. She's tried a few of them (she's a marathon runner) and she recently bought a New Balance N4 Women and loves it. Costco carries them in store for about $35-40.

I'm thinking I'm going to spend a little more money and get one with GPS, too, but for a basic HRM with a chest strap, it sounds like the New Balance N4 is the way to go.