30 day shred

Options
Im going to start the 30 day shred tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what the number of calories you burn doing it? Im assuming its different for each level.

Replies

• Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    what is the 30 day shred?
    is it a diet plan?
    or an exercise video?
    ??
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you. Best suggestion is to get a heart rate monitor, will be tailored to you (height/weight/age/gender) I've also been using this site to get an estimation: http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/calories-burned

but I don't know if the 30 day shred is in there or not....

I picked up the DVD today, but don't plan to start it just yet. I'm just getting in to a groove with my other workouts, and want to wait a bit before changing things up. Or I may do it here and there...

Good luck to you!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    log as circuit training
  • sabyx_is
    sabyx_is Posts: 17
    Options
    According to my Ki Fit, I burn about 145 calories doing Level 1 (I know... is that all?!). I assume that the relatively low number of calories burnt during the workout is due to the fact that the program is not 100% cardio. I'm still to attempt Level 2 and 3.

Just for the record - I'm 5'3'' and about 10 stone in weight.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    depends on your height and weight.. and of course how hard you work. Only way to tell calories burned is from using a HRM. Im assuming you dont have one because then you wouldn't be asking this question so I would log it under circuit training. I just did the 30 day shred today and I burned 192 (Im about 5'3 & 178 lbs) I use to burn more but I lost some weight and plus its gotten easier for me to do. :) Good luck!!
  • meinco
    meinco Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Count it is circuit training though a HRM would probably be your most accurate way of knowing. I just started the 30DS today too! Don't forget to get your measurements. Most people who have followed up after 30 days report having lost a lot more inches than lbs! I am soo excited to see what the results are going to be in 30 days!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    on level 1 i burn in the 260's and 270's, but it's going to be completely different for everyone based on age, weight, fitness level, etc...I am 5'8, 209 lb, and HR was about 140-150s I think and have done it for 3 days. Just to give you a gauge, but circuit training is how I would log without a HRM. HRMs are so much more personally accurate, though. :)
  • bvannetten
    bvannetten Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I appreciate it! Still kinda new to getting in to fitness.