I want to change my life....

Options
A couple of months ago, I injured my knee while doing insanity. Luckily, it wasn't there was no tears, etc. I underwent physical therapy and, while it has helped me, I still have not recover 100% as I still can't squat.

To top it off, I recently had surgery to repair a hernia in June. Due to my knee problem and surgery, I completely stopped exercising and unfortuately gain back, if not more, of the weight I lost. This has made me very depressed and mad at myself for stopping exercise.

I want to start back insanity again. This is the only exercise program where I lost weight fast. Besides the weight lost, I missed the adrelin rush that I got when doing it. This time I will do a lot of modifications, especially with the squats.

Has anyone with knee problems did insanity? if so, want did you do when it came to certain movies such as squats, etc?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Eat at a caloric deficit to lose weight and exercise is for health and well being. Since you have so little to lose read this.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/113609/relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner/p1

I hope you get better soon. It sucks having an injury.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your injuries - that must have been pretty frustrating for you as you are clearly determined and enthusiastic about your exercise plans. Insanity is a great programme but is certainly not the only way to shift the unwanted pounds so please don't rely solely on Insanity being your only option. Insanity is quite an intense programme (as you well know!) but if you do want to get back into it, I'd suggest following the movements that don't cause you any pain. If it comes to a particular exercise that you know will cause you pain, skip it and improvise by doing something that won't stress that area. The important thing here is not doing yourself more damage.

If you are a member of a gym, it might be an idea to speak to a trainer, explain your injuries and see if they can help you come up with a routine that will push you but not injure you. There are ways around this - and of course, eating at a calorie deficit will equal weight loss regardless.

Best of luck!
  • irejb
    irejb Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses.

Well, it looks like Insanity is out of the question for now. I started to experience pain when I did it, aend a nurse advised me to hold off on it.

This really sucks. I guess I'll try power walking to try and shed these pounds.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    irejb wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses.

Well, it looks like Insanity is out of the question for now. I started to experience pain when I did it, aend a nurse advised me to hold off on it.

This really sucks. I guess I'll try power walking to try and shed these pounds.

You can still find exercises that are right for you :]
    Once you build your strength up and your injuries have healed, you can re-introduce higher intensity work-out's!