PB2 / peanut butter protein powder

Options
What are some delicious ways you use peanut protein powder? I just got a jar and am looking to integrate it into my diet.

Replies

• Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Bump. Me too. So far I've just used it in yogurt.
  • anneuhbanana
    anneuhbanana Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I dip apples in it... I've eatin it with bread... Yummmmm!!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Add to oatmeal.....sweeten with maple syrup.

Good mixed in pancake batter

Greek vanilla, PB2 and Grapenuts cereal.

Mix with jelly for PB & J

Mashed banana & PB2 for lower cal. peanut butter & nanner sandwiches.

I've not tried this but used for a lower cal. Thai peanut sauce......sounds yummy
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I mostly use it in pancakes or mixed with the milk for cereal. I didn't care for it in yogurt. The sour yogurt taste was weird with pb for me.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I put it in smoothies, make it into a sauce to put over frozen yogurt (mix it with chocolate syrup and a little water), for baking because it is essentially a flour. and in my pad thai. I also just mix it with water and dip carrots and apples into it...Im a PB2 junkie.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,653 Member
    Options
    I pretty much just mix it in (along with some chocolate protein powder) to cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or oatmeal.
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'll put pb2 into plain or vanilla greek yogurt and add cinnamon, and then use that as a dip for apples and bananas. I have added it to fruit smoothies, and I have food processed it with bananas, a bit of yogurt, and some carob chips as a kind of weird cookie dough? I think its delicious but not for everyone I suppose. Love it in steel cut oats as well.
  • sidricks
    sidricks Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Add it to my oatmeal every morning. I also add raisins and cinnamon. Mmmm
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I mix it into pad thai (which I make with shiritaki noodles) to make it more peanutty without adding a ton more calories.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt! I also add it to frozen yogurt, or I'll get a very plain ice cream and throw some in there. Today I made protein pancakes with P28 and put some powdered peanut butter and cinnamon on top and it was great. I just started making shakes with it too.
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Love PB2!!! I have it with apples or banana or plain!
    Also I make this little dessert:
    3 tbsp Pb2 + 1 tbsp sugar free raspberry preserves + a half tbsp cool whip. It's less than 100 cal and a sweet treat !
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I mix it with my child's gogurt and its absolutely delicious.
  • Werk2Eat
    Werk2Eat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I mix P2B with water so its on the thick side and smear it on pumpernickle/rye swirl toast. So good and good for you.
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! I hate Peanut butter but I recently bought a jar for my SO to use in his protein shakes. I'll have to keep these suggestions in mind for him!
  • Werk2Eat
    Werk2Eat Posts: 114 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I wanted to add a tip i figured out about making P2B creamy without adding oil (which would defeat the purpose) You can add Xanthan gum to water to get a bit slimy oil consistency. It doesnt take much xanthan gum to make a TBSP of P2B and after mixed well it will have a creamy texture. Personally i prefer the thick and chunky texture that i smear on pump/rye toast.
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the great ideas! I'm looking forward to incorporating them into my food plan. The more yum, the better!