Looking for others with thyroid issues

Options
Hi! New to the community - looking for others with thyroid health issues (hypothyroidism) for a support system. Loosing weight is not as easy it seems and looking to see what has helped others with the same types of conditions.

Replies

• khristiana
    khristiana Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi Gothica9910, I also have hypothyroidism! I am finding that by staying on my medication and eating a healthy balanced diet (why not throw in some exercise!) it's staying at a normal level. My energy has increased dramatically in the past month since I went vegan, actually whole food plant based.

You can do it! It's all mind over matter :wink:
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Welcome gothica9910. I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I've been a MFP member for over a year. It's help me to keep off 50 lbs. Weighing, measuring and logging my food really made a difference for me. FYI - If you visit the MFP groups, you'll find a group on Hypo and Hyperthyroidism.
  • dogcatac
    dogcatac Posts: 124 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    hypo since i was 11! i like the mfp group on here, but haven't checked it for a while. *also, just clicked your profile, and you are living in my hometown! go royals :P
  • gothica9910
    gothica9910 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the replies. I am hoping that the mfp will help aid in weightloss. I am also on meds, but have been unsuccessful in loosing any weight gained. Again, thank you. :)