any other coca cola addicts out there??

2»

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Op, if you can fit the 8oz soda in your daily calorie goal, then go for it!!
    I have lost all my weight while still enjoying the foods I love like cake, candy, etc. For weight loss, it comes down to cico. As long as your eating at a deficit, youll still lose weight. Its about the calories for weight loss. So you'll be fine with one soda per day as long as you log those calories in .
    I'm 135 lbs now and have never given up any food or drinks , I just consume less of them ! Its about MODERATION not deprivation.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    You dont like coke zero? I drink 64oz a day
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member

64oz = 2L?

wtf??
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member

64oz = 2L?

wtf??

I can drink a two litre with vodka added in just 1 night!
  • zoeysasha37

For some reason I dont like it either. I was at work and asked for a diet coke. They handed me a black can that said coke zero. I hated it. I like the grey can that's just regular diet coke. I don't drink it enough to buy it for my house but do enjoy it when I'm out somewhere . what's the difference between the black can and the grey can? I know there must be some difference because it tasted strange to me
  • IsaackGMOON
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

For some reason I dont like it either. I was at work and asked for a diet coke. They handed me a black can that said coke zero. I hated it. I like the grey can that's just regular diet coke. I don't drink it enough to buy it for my house but do enjoy it when I'm out somewhere . what's the difference between the black can and the grey can? I know there must be some difference because it tasted strange to me

http://www.diet-blog.com/05/coke_zero_confused_anyone.php
  • zoeysasha37

I knew there had to be a difference. Thanks. I don't drink it enough to buy any but do order it when I go out sometimes, I immediately tasted a difference
  • IsaackGMOON

I knew there had to be a difference. Thanks. I don't drink it enough to buy any but do order it when I go out sometimes, I immediately tasted a difference

I dislike diet drinks in general. I'm not a fan of sweetners... I much prefer sugar.

• cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    I drink it occasionally, working it into my calories. I don't like the taste of the artificial sweeteners in most things, and Splenda and nutra sweet are migraine triggers if I have too much. So I just have no more than a can a day, if that.
  • zoeysasha37

I dislike diet drinks in general. I'm not a fan of sweetners... I much prefer sugar.

I like sugar too, a lot. But prefer to eat it in the form of cake . :smiley:
  • IsaackGMOON

I like sugar too, a lot. But prefer to eat it in the form of cake . :smiley:

7bhbi8uiwfdg.jpg
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    hamptontom wrote: »
    coincidentally, i just had this conversation with someone earlier today...at first it was odd, but now - quite some time later - i can't really drink the straight stuff. it's like drinking cotton candy to me.

I switched at age 16, just because all the other girls at my high school would choose diet and I felt weird choosing non diet (which is super lame of me, yes). Within a year or so I found the regular tasted too sticky and sweet to me and I actively don't like it. I don't drink tons of diet currently, but I enjoy it on occasion.
  • cmtigger
    Just a random thing I noticed. I have cherry coke and a generic soda in the house. The cherry coke was 150 calories and the generic fruit punch was 180.
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    8oz (so 224ml?)?

I was drinking 3-4L (>105oz) per day, I call that one an addiction

now i'm addicted to diet pepsi / pepsi max :mrgreen:
  • cmtigger
    edited September 2015
    patrikc333 wrote: »
    8oz (so 224ml?)?

I was drinking 3-4L (>105oz) per day, I call that one an addiction

now i'm addicted to diet pepsi / pepsi max :mrgreen:

My calorie counts were for 12 oz cans. The most common size in the US. (355ml)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Guilty im a Diet Coke Addicts
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Just take a quick read on what that drink does to your body and you won't want to drink another one anytime soon. Plus if it's the carbonation that has you hooked, why not switch to San paragrino or another carbonated water.

This I've really started to get into carbonated water after I figured out it wasn't necessarily the sweetness (although I like it), but the carbonation I craved.

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    I was. 2 liters a day for years. not any more. its been almost three years. I MAYBE maybe have a glass of coke a month...maybe.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited September 2015
    Yup, I drink pop. 8-12 ounces with dinner or as a snack about 3-4 times a week. I also drink Coke Zero when I want caffeine and something to mindlessly drink at work. I never liked diet pop, but it is starting to grow on me. I really like carbonation in my drinks so I also drink club soda with fruit or even by itself to get my water goal.

Coke Slurpees from 7-11, now those I have to be careful with, I'll drink a huge one everyday if I could.
  • likewhoa712
    likewhoa712 Posts: 95 Member
    brilynn79 wrote: »
    I was right there with you. Mcdonalds Coke was my favorite. I am now the longest that I have ever been coke fre. 4.5 weeks! I first switched out for sweet tea, then half sweet. Now I'm trying to cut that down even more. I am trying to avoid artificial sweetners. I can't say that I really have lost any weight, but am hoping the 600+ calories I'm saving will pay off. I do think if you can do it in moderation and fit it in, you can still do it. I'm just an all or nothing person.

Love a McDonald's Coke, it's like liquid crack lol