Who else is guilty of the daily sweet tooth??

Options
I crave something sweet/chocolately just about every day. You could almost compare it to the feeling people have as they crave coffee throughout their day.

Who has come up with some good substitutes?? So far I've found the Skinny Cow products have tasted great while also being low in calories. But... any other ideas for this situation?

Replies

• cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I have a cookies and cream fiber one bar just about every evening for my dessert. :)
  • LiveLoveLift48
    LiveLoveLift48 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Sadly i usually give in to my addiction to sweets. But, when i was trying to kick the habit a while back ( and did so for 3 months) i replaced it with fruit....lots of fruit....it worked
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Fiber one bars, miniature desserts both work well for me
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I keep Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares in the freezer. I'm not going to be sugar free for the rest of my life, so I make room for a treat every day. I log the treat and account fo it.

This has to be a lifestyle change for me. I've lost weight & regained it. If I am going to keep the weight off this time I have 2 choices.....zero sweets (forever) or learn to manage sweets. I don't want to start figuring out management when I'm at goal.
  • princessbride42
    princessbride42 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am at maintenance and have been for over a year. I have sweet treats, full calorie, every day. Ice cream, dark chocolate, etc . I just work it into my calories.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Lindt 85% dark chocolate, but I know the taste isn't for everyone. Oh, and an Oreo Blizzard once a week!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I was never a chocoholic and don't so much "get" the reason people go crazy for it. I do have a sweet tooth, though.

Fruit is what does it for me. At first, it didn't seem as good as cake and other sweets, but after the fruit no longer had to compete with frosting, it started tasting much sweeter. Now, cake doesn't have the zip that fruit does and I'm just as happy - or happier - with some berries. :)

Chocolate, though, is so unique. If would be hard to substitute for chocolate.
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I enjoy daily sweets, and feel zero guilt because I fit them into my calories! I love the weight watchers ice cream bars. The fudge bars and English toffee bars are the best.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Another Lindt 85% fan here. I actually find that if my meals are super healthy then I can fit in some fairly good treats. I'm also a fan of making microwave protein brownies for a high protein treat. I have one almost every day
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I actually crave chips and salty stuff but find that chocolate and sweets are easier to fit into a deficit. I eat more chocolate now than I did when I was fat.
  • LadyMcClure
    LadyMcClure Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ghiradelli now sells their dark chocolates in mini single serving squares. I don't think I could go to sleep without at least two of these amazing little treats. I also love the Endangered Species 72% Dark Chocolate with Forest Mint. Again, just two or three squares are all I need and I'm a happy camper.

If you're a low-carb person like me, try alternative baking methods/ingredients. I love alldayidreamaboutfood.com. Calorie counts are high so be sure to budget accordingly but it's all gluten-free and low carb so there's less guilt.
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I actually crave chips and salty stuff but find that chocolate and sweets are easier to fit into a deficit. I eat more chocolate now than I did when I was fat.

That is so interesting, because I am the same way. I never used to eat ice cream every night until realizing I could have two bars for 160 calls instead of like 10 potato chips.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    piheart wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

That is so interesting, because I am the same way. I never used to eat ice cream every night until realizing I could have two bars for 160 calls instead of like 10 potato chips.

Yeeeeep. Popcorn works pretty well and recently I've discovered pork rinds, 20 grams of protein in 200 calories worth.

But yeah, I like to eat in volume so I'll eat a whole pint of 400 calorie chocolate frozen yogurt.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I eat a ton of sugar. Mostly fruit, but I also eat a bowl of pb2 with sliced bananas, 15g of miniature chocolate chips, and a grind of pink sea salt several times a week. Or a spiced date smoothie with coconut/almond milk. I went easy on the main dishes at the Thai buffet this weekend because mango and sticky rice and taro dumplings in coconut milk are life.

I've lost 40 lbs since last December by weighing every chunk of pineapple. My food choices may be atypical, but they work for my personal medical needs, my hair and nails are happy, and my skin looked gorgeous until I had to start progesterone a few weeks ago.

But I know my limits, so I police my ice cream intake. Dairy doesn't make my belly happy, anyway, and dairy free Ben and Jerry's isn't available in my town yet.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Cookie dough quest bars are pretty awesome.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    85% dark chocolate with morning coffee

Yum
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Special K brownies and vita top muffins
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I don't do substitutes for sweets--only the real thing--and I don't feel guilty. What's to feel guilty about?

I eat real chocolate every day, usually a square of Ghirardelli.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    2 Dove dark chocolate squares or a skinny cow salted pretzel ice cream bar just about every night. I'm just starting out, couple weeks in but seems to be working so far.