MFP Runners January 5th Who is Running?!

Options
2»

Replies

• runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Went out for a short run today. My son is recovering from surgery so I needed to stay close to home. Did about 2 miles. How do you all know how far you run. I know about what my pace is so I can guess my distance. I only know for sure when I run with the training group. :flowerforyou:
    Bunny
    I usually have a pretty good estimate of distance becuase I usually run on the track or on a walking trail that has mile markers. I also have a GPS that seems to be very accurate. There are also websites (mapmyroute.com or something like that) where you can pull up you neighborhood, map out your route, and it will calculate your mileage for you. (In a pinch, you could drive the route in your car or ona bike with an odometer and measure it that way)
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    So...I finally went to the doctor for my knee problem, as it was getting prgressively worse. She thinks it is good ol' Runner's Knee (PATELLOFEMORAL PAIN SYNDROME ). She gave me some stretches and exercises to do, a two-week supply of an anti-inflammatory pills and orders to take it to the ellipitcal or stationery bike for a while. :grumble: This is going to be so hard. I'm heading to the gym once my husband gets home, and I suppose I'll try that cursed ellipitcal. I'm not happy at all. :sad: Anyone else sidelined by runner's knee? Any advice?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    No run today. ChaLean Extreme Burn Circuit #1 for me and some Kettlebell swings/ cleans/ squats.

I do plan to run tomorrow! :bigsmile:
  • fitnessisfun
    Options
    I'm really glad to find a runners group here I am new to MFP, but have been running for about 9 months and I love it!! I have had to be inside for a while now because of the weather, the treadmill sure doesn't compare to running outside, but it's better than no running. I hope to do a half marathon this year also! I'm excited to get to know more people on here and I am loving the intraction and motivation I've found here.
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    I'm really glad to find a runners group here I am new to MFP, but have been running for about 9 months and I love it!! I have had to be inside for a while now because of the weather, the treadmill sure doesn't compare to running outside, but it's better than no running. I hope to do a half marathon this year also! I'm excited to get to know more people on here and I am loving the intraction and motivation I've found here.

How do you find marathons? I really would love to do one in April/May. Then I have something to train for!
  • fitnessisfun
    Options
    I find different races by googling my city name and half marathon or races.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options

How do you find marathons? I really would love to do one in April/May. Then I have something to train for!

google it's a wonderful thing!
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options

Runnersworld.com has a whole list of them. Is see you're from Northern WI...Any interest in doing the Cellcom Marathon in Green Bay (May 17th)? I'm doing the half this year. I think 26.2 if much farther than I have in me at this point. www.cellcomgreenbaymarathon.com Where are you from exactly...I grew up an hour north of Green Bay, which I would consider to be in Northern WI!!
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I did a fun 3 miles downtown then a yoga class.
  • Redbug
    Redbug Posts: 41
    Options
    You can go to runnersworld.com and you can find events and event dates in about every state. There is a tab for "Races and Places". There is also a "smartcoach" which can help with a training program.
  • Redbug
    Redbug Posts: 41
    Options
    Sorry -- doubled up on info -- didn't go to the second page!