Aussies, where do I buy turkey bacon?

Options
To the Aussies on here, haven't been able to find Turkey bacon at the supermarkets. Do they sell them here ????

Replies

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I've never seen it...
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,088 Member
    Options
    No I've never seen it either - or even heard of it till I joined this forum.
  • rachk8green
    rachk8green Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Iv never seen it but I am willing to bet if it is anywhere it is at Costco.
  • tessamildenhall
    Options
    Not sure but in SA we have a woolwoths do you have one too? I get mine from there
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options
    Sadly ... you don't buy turkey bacon in Australia. I have looked and looked ... and I think there was even another thread on it here ... but it doesn't exist. It is one of several things I miss about Canada.

Lots of great things here in Australia ... not in a big rush to move back to Canada ... but I do eat everything on the list of "can't get it in Australia" when I go back home for a visit. And that's one of them.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Costco had it when I was there a few weeks back, first time I've ever seen it.

I'm in Melbourne BTW
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I have never seen it - but then again - have never looked for it! I'm sure they'd sell it SOMEWHERE. Have you googled?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Perhaps their labelling regulations prohibit it, or maybe not
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've seen it in a couple of the bigger health food stores
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Isn't 'roo or Emu bacon better anyway?
    Turkey = yuck!
  • southhamptonmike
    southhamptonmike Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would check the ingredients of turkey bacon before you decide to eat it or not. I know I will never eat it.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Bacon cannot be made from a turkey.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You're not missing out - turkey bacon is gross and not any more healthy than regular bacon.
  • glevinso
    Options
    I am not normally one to site "chemicals" as a reason not to eat something... but the package of real bacon usually has an ingredients list that says something like "bacon, salt, sugar" and the so-called "turkey bacon" ingredients list is a mile long. I guess they need to add all kinds of crap to it to make it sortof taste like bacon, but in the end all they succeeded in doing is making a salty, astringent tasting protein product. Bleh.

• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You are not missing out. There is a small difference in the calories between good center cut bacon and turkey "bacon". But there is a HUGE difference in taste and satisfaction.

There is only one proper way to combine turkey and bacon.
    ygbnl9hbcxum.jpg
  • glevinso
    Options
    I think I just heard angels singing and a light appearing from the sky upon viewing this image
  • Pandapotato
    Pandapotato Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You're not missing out - turkey bacon is gross and not any more healthy than regular bacon.

Right?! Who buys turkey bacon when the caloric difference is so miniscule and turkey bacon tastes terrible?