Best and Quickest way to cook eggs in the morning...

Options
emmaleigh47
emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
Hello MFP! I am trying REALLY hard to prepare a breakfast (trust me you dont wanna know what I am currently eating) ... and I was thinking of a bowl of cereal and some eggs.

I have like NO time in the morning (and I hate hard boiled eggs)... any ideas?

Replies

• Amie_46
    Amie_46 Posts: 60
    Options
    Microwave them! put your eggs in a bowl sprayed with pam, add seasoning, veggies, cheese, anything or nothing, cover with saran wrap and nuke for 1 min, take out bowl and re-scramble (additional cooking time may be necessary depending on how much you have added).
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I love to use egg beaters and I keep bags of frozen peppers and onions in the freezer. If I don't have any egg beaters, I use egg whites. Just scrample them up! I always add crushed red pepper too. YUMMY! I'm like you, zero time in the morning. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's posts :)
  • butterflywingz
    Options
    Microwavable egg poacher perhaps?
    Scrambled in the micriwave too...I don't do it but I have seen it done, lol
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    my favorite breakfast is soft boiled egg on wheat toast it take only 5 mins 30 sec. add a little pepper super yummy
  • mheightchew
    Options
    I love to use egg beaters and I keep bags of frozen peppers and onions in the freezer. If I don't have any egg beaters, I use egg whites. Just scrample them up! I always add crushed red pepper too. YUMMY! I'm like you, zero time in the morning. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's posts :)
  • mheightchew
    Options
    oops
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Emma - I have a microwave egg poacher. I use it every morning, and make a light breakfast sandwich that travels well in the car. Whole grain english muffin, slice of cheese, and my microwaved egg. Takes about 4 minutes to make and take.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have no time either. But here is a video of me making my first 2 meals of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6AXYO9tqAk

I crack eggs the night before. Egg whites keep good refrigerated up to 4 days.
    I soak my oatmeal overnight in water.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    wake up earlier, that is the best solution and make yourself a good breakfast before the crazy stuff starts.....that is what I do when I ahve the kids in the AM
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I found Garden Lites Zucchini souffles at Costco. 3 minutes in the microwave and they are 140 cals, 2 servings of veggies, and they're awesome!

I fatten them up with 1/2 a slice of pepper jack and salsa :)
  • lifesabeach2629
    Options
    bake an egg frittata when you have time, cut it into meal-size portions, freeze, and then just take one out at a time the night before a busy morning. that's what i do and it works great to just microwave it real quick and go
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Microwave is awesome for quick eggs..! I have heard from some that the taste is a little different but it doesn't bother me. I also have one of the little egg pans (the ones that have the eggs on the handle), the hold 1-2 eggs perfectly and cook from all sides so no maintenance is required!
  • ReiningQueenBee
    Options
    I, like you, have -0- time in the mornings. While my coffee is brewing, I pop a slice of 100% wheat bread in the toaster, heat up a skillet, throw on a dash of EVOO, crack open the egg and cook for about 2 mins on one side, season with Rosemary, Garlic, Sea Salt and fresh cracked pepper, flip over, grab the wheat toast plop that on the plate put the egg on top and sprinkle a tsp of grated sharp cheddar on top. This takes me no more than 8 mins including cleanup and brewing the java. Starts the day off right with some good protein and if I'm extra hungry I'll grab a lowfat greek yogurt for extra protein.
  • Emilou9
    Emilou9 Posts: 44
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has an amazing recipe for mini broccoli and cheddar omelettes. Use a muffin tin to bake them and then all you have to do is pop them in the microwave in the morning. The best part is they only have around 70 calories per mini-omelette and are delicious and filling! You can use whatever ingredients you want to make a variety. My all time favorite quick and easy egg recipe and sooo versitle. :happy:
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    Microwave them in a coffee mug. I do it at work. Hungry Girl.com has some great mug recipes. Just make sure you spray the mug with Pam - or it's a b#t*c% to clean.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Spray some Pam or Generic no calorie cooking spray and cook (less then 3 min) no matter how you do it. I don't care for how microwave eggs taste and you don't really save any noticeable time cooking in a pan vs microwave.