Not loosing

Options
Hi
I started the program 22days ago and I wanted to loose 1 kilo per week. At the beginning I was OK and I lost almost 3 kilos in 16 days but it not only suddenly stopped but I also started gaining weight.
I am following the plan , do exercises and I try to eat healthy. I sleep 7 hours per day
I really don't know what else I should do

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    So does that mean it's only been 6 days that you've not lost/gained? That's nothing, you need to leave it longer than that! Fluctuations can make it look like you're gaining weight if you only leave it a few days. Look at the trend over a few weeks and decide how you're doing.

That said, if you're not already, it's a good idea to weigh everything you eat to get an accurate idea of how many calories you're eating (measuring cups or estimating portions make it very easy to eat more than you think). Also if you're eating back your exercise calories, make sure you don't overestimate them and eat too much back (gym machines and the MFP database tend to overestimate, so most people eat back 50-80% to account for this).
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I kilo per week is too large of a goal to start out. A more realistic goal is 1/2 or 1/4 of that.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    What are your stats?

How many cals are you consuming per day?

Are you eating back your earned cals ?

How long has your weight loss stalled ?

Are you using a food scale for all your solid foods?
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    1 kilo per week is a lot. How far are you from your goal? The rule of thumb is to aim for about 0.25 kilos per week weight loss for every 11 kilos of weight you want to lose. The closer you get to your goal, the slower the weight will come off.

Don't set your goals so high that they are unrealistic. That's just a setup for disappointment. Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. Any loss is a victory.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    You can "eat healthy" and still gain weight if you are eating too much. Do you weigh your food on a food scale?
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    When you say you 'try' to eat healthily, do you mean you track all your foods and consistently eat a deficit? Or do you find that you are only doing so on a handful of days? It really can make the difference :]
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    My $0.02 & my post from elsewhere earlier this morning after finding myself in a similar rut (only been at this a few weeks longer than you:
    After an initially very positive & rapid weigh loss for the first 3 1/2 weeks or so, I've struggled this last week and a half to stay under calorie goal, been binging at night (going way over) and weight loss has plateaued and bounced a little. Initial loss goal was 2lbs/week (sounded pretty aggressive) - and actual loss was more than that (but demonstrably not sustainable). Been doing some reading in the message boards & going to try not to be my typical "Brute Force & Ignorance, Just Try Harder" self, attempt to apply some "Tactical Patience" and advice to others in a similar rut. Have modified my goal pace to 1 lb/week. Hopefully, by eating more throughout the day I'll put myself on a sustainable path & quit the end of day binging. Also, making an effort to get better/more accurate with logging by using the recently purchased digital scale.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    How long has your weight loss stalled? If less than a week, then that isn't long enough to draw any conclusions. Stick it out and give it a little bit more time. Your weight fluctuates due to hormones, sodium intake and for other reasons.
  • smhglz
    smhglz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @DemoraFairy yes it is six days that I am not loosing but I was expecting to stay stable and not gaining back again :/
    I don't weight thins exactly exactly and I rely on what is written on the packages or on what barcode reader gives me.
  • smhglz
    Options
    @allenpriest @seska422
    I need to lose 15 kilos to get to what I want. I know loosing 1kilo per weeks is a bit too much but I know myself I need some motivation otherwise I get disappointed so fast as always had happened to me .
    At least for the beginning I need to lose fast.
  • smhglz
    Options
    @honkytonks85 it is a week. it could be some hormon fluctuations as you said. but still I expected to email the same even if I not loosing any
  • smhglz
    Options
    @Matt200goal do you really think that I have to buy scale for kitchen?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Stick with the plan, get yourself a food scale and weigh everything even packaged goods. You've got this!!

Oh yeah and patience.
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    You can get a quality food scale online for under 15 dollars. Besides nutrition, it is essential for consistent baking results. It isn't necessary for items packaged by the serving, but it is nearly a necessity for calculating the nutritional content of homemade recipes and anything else where you are left to eyeball the number of servings per container. If you've never weighed servings of foods like ice cream and pasta, then it can be a real eye opener.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you're ovulating or menstruating or soon will be. Or you ate more sodium or carbs than usual. This is normal. Losing weight every single day is not the norm.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    smhglz wrote: »
    @honkytonks85 it is a week. it could be some hormon fluctuations as you said. but still I expected to email the same even if I not loosing any

If you understand that you get hormone fluctuations, why would you expect to stay the same? Some people fluctuate by up to 5lbs a day, way more than you'd expect to lose in a week. There will be many days where you weigh more than the next day, then less again the day after.

Definitely get a scale for the kitchen and weigh everything you can, it's the best way to avoid potential plateaus in the future. It also helps teach you what serving size things should be.
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @Matt200goal do you really think that I have to buy scale for kitchen?

Based on multiple people in this community & my own observations since getting one - it is way, way easy to underestimate the amount of food you're eating/calories consuming if you're just "eye-balling" it. So, YES!
  • allenpriest
    Options
    @allenpriest @seska422
    I need to lose 15 kilos to get to what I want. I know loosing 1kilo per weeks is a bit too much but I know myself I need some motivation otherwise I get disappointed so fast as always had happened to me .
    At least for the beginning I need to lose fast.

You need to change your mindset. You are still thinking of this as a temporary deal. That is what leads to yo-yo weight loss and gain. This has to be a long term permanent change in your lifestyle. You didn't gain it overnight and you won't lose it quickly either.
    But best of luck trying it your way.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    When you say you 'try' to eat healthily, do you mean you track all your foods and consistently eat a deficit? Or do you find that you are only doing so on a handful of days? It really can make the difference :]

Master Yoga said there is no try. There is only do. ;)