I Cant Focus!

Options
:sad: i cant focus on losing weight!!
one day im all about it. I workout a couple hrs, i dont eat bad foods or a lot. Now my food meter thingy on my profile is telling my i'll be 100.8 lbs in 5 weeks! (if i keep my diet the same) 5 weeks! I use to be able to drop weight in the snap of my fingers. Im only 21! what if im getting to that age where i actually have to starve myself in order to lose 2 lb!? i dont know if i can actually do that! thats so hard. I just want to stop eating!! really. I cant go outside like this, i hide away in my room thinking about what iv become.
Can anyone tell me how to solve this????? :cry:

116647.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free

:smokin:

Replies

• sarah21
    sarah21 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :sad: i cant focus on losing weight!!
    one day im all about it. I workout a couple hrs, i dont eat bad foods or a lot. Now my food meter thingy on my profile is telling my i'll be 100.8 lbs in 5 weeks! (if i keep my diet the same) 5 weeks! I use to be able to drop weight in the snap of my fingers. Im only 21! what if im getting to that age where i actually have to starve myself in order to lose 2 lb!? i dont know if i can actually do that! thats so hard. I just want to stop eating!! really. I cant go outside like this, i hide away in my room thinking about what iv become.
    Can anyone tell me how to solve this????? :cry:

116647.png

:smokin:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    Hon,

Your profile says you have 9 lbs to lose. A SAFE weight loss is generally accepted to be 2 lbs per week. Obviously at 21 you can lose 9 pounds faster if you just don't eat. I think you are beautiful, and if your picture is recent, maybe you are being waaaaaay too hard on yourself about your body image. Relax, your weight will flucuate a few pounds every month depending on lots of factors.

Our society has unfortunately put way too much emphasis on how we look. None of us are perfect. Ok, maybe some of the billionaire actresses are CLOSE to perfect. But most of their beauty is either genetic or highly skilled make-up and photographic artistry.

Be nicer to your best friend. ......You. :flowerforyou:
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I know that losing weight is hard. And yes our bodies and metabolisms change as we get older. I don't know if there may have been some major change in your life besides graduation (which is huge, congratulations!), but girl,.....you have to love yourself for more than your looks.You sound like a sweetheart and I am positive you have more to offer than your body. And if your "friends" give you grief for having a few extra pounds, well they're not friends in the first place. By the way, your picture looks as if you don't have an ounce to spare, so please be good to yourself and don't starve!!! I am assuming that you are around 5 feet tall to be shooting for 100 lbs. If you starve yourself, it will come back to you with a vengeance, promise. If you lose weight in a healthy way(which unfortunately is slow), you will feel so much better!! It does seem like the closer you are to your goal weight, the harder it is to shed those last 5-10lbs.

Maybe, concentrate on eating healthy and getting in some exercise everyday. Get any temptations of junk food out of your house, that helps me a lot. If you have extra time to sit and eat, maybe look for something else to fill your time like volunteering somewhere or a healthy hobby.

Hope I don't sound too preachy. Be good to yourself!! You are worth it!!

Claire
  • Hanna1983
    Hanna1983 Posts: 251
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

I totally understand what you mean about not being able to focus. I have days like that too where one day I am so active and excited to go to the gym and eat properly and others i find it so hard to do.

But keep in mind that the less you have to lose, the harder it is and the longer it takes.

I personally think you are very beautiful as you are.

How about you up your exercise and do more cardio. You dont say how much fitness you do so I am only guessing. I found that the more cradio I do the easier it is for me to lose weight. Even though I happened to put most of what I lost back on over xmas with no sport and lots of food :smile:

Have a nice day.
    :flowerforyou:
  • sarah21
    Options
    Thats just the thing as well, i live with my mum right now again and she always always has junk food, so its always here and so hard to not eat it when its right in front of you, ya know?
    i ate an entire box of cheez-its through out the day! ah!
    i may be making a big deal about this , but im so affraid that my weight will get out of control & next thing you know ill be so big i wont know what to do with myself.
    and im 5'6" (but i wish i was 5'0")
    Thank you :flowerforyou:

sgw

116647.png
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh now? Judging by your pictures, you don't need to lose weight - you look almost dangerously thin!!! . Building muscle might be in order, but not weight loss. And building muscle puts weight on. Perhaps you're fighting the wrong battle? Just a thought...
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh now? Judging by your pictures, you don't need to lose weight - you look almost dangerously thin!!! . Building muscle might be in order, but not weight loss. And building muscle puts weight on. Perhaps you're fighting the wrong battle? Just a thought...
    I have to agree with this. I have to admit, I'm a little worried. I used to be super-skinny but with really bad eating habits. So instead of focusing on losing weight (I'm not sure which part of your body it would come off of), maybe focus just on eating healthy. Take it day by day. Fill yourself up with healthy things and you'll see a huge difference in your perspective.

I understand the fear of not being able to control your weight. Sometimes, when other things are out of our control in life, we may end up over-controlling the only thing we can - our weight. Be kind to yourself. Remember, your not just changing what you look like in the mirror, but also need to make a lifestyle change that will stick with you in your later years when gaining weight due to hormones, post-pregnancy, and other problems will arise. You are young, healthy, and beautiful now. Use this time to make yourself as healthy as you can possibly be so you're in a great habit in your 30s, 40s, 70s, 90s.
  • dachinababe
    Options
    hey sarah, don't worry about not be able to focus thing. Everybody go through it.You are beautiful the way you are, You certainly don't need to lose the 10 pounds where are you going to lose these 10 pounds anyways? Focus on eating healthy and just live your young and fabulous life. You are not just the number on the scale, I am sure that the people you know, the friends you have known you by you not the the number on the scale.
    live,laugh,love:flowerforyou: life is too short to dwell on the numbers on the scale
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Sarah, maybe you should focus right now on starting and maintaining the healthy habits that you want to carry you through the rest of your life. At your height and weight it is possible that your body has hit its plateau and cannot get any smaller without resorting to unhealthy measures. You are beautiful and young just the way you are and weight can and WILL become a unhealthy obsession if you don't learn to love yourself just the way you are.
    I am certainly not perfect and I haven't weighed 100 pounds since kindergarden, but too I worry about you and anyone else that uses this site or any other method of weight loss to become unhealthy and too thin. I am 5'7, so not much taller than you and I KNOW it gets A LOT harder to lose weight after you get older and have children, so I REALLY think you should not worry so much about what the scale says and maybe challenge yourself to fitness goals instead of weight goals. I am sorry I do not mean to fuss at you, I am just worried for your health, try to understand everything I said is in the most positive of attitudes!!
  • sarah21
    Options
    I understand and i was trying my darndest to look thin in that picture i have on my profile, also i was in school at the time and just had a really bad break up so i wasnt eating at that time. depression thing for the most part, but i was trying to get my ex's attention by lossing a bunch of weight cuz it was the only way i could get him to pay attention to me, lol, thats so dumb.
    But iv changed and after reading all the inputs from everyone here it motivated me to get off my but and work out. so i did a workout for 1 hr and i already feel better. havent eaten any junk food today, and im drinking v8 juice right now actually.
    My main problem is my legs and my butt and my sides. i have amuffin top when i wear jeans and it hurts my confidence a lot. i know its only been 1 day, but im going to work hard to change my diet and workout.
    Thank You! your all so lovely here thanks!

sgw

116647.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Sara, I remember your posts from before. Most everyone agreed that you are underweight and tried to get you to want to become healthy and not skinny.
    At 5'6" a healthy weight is between 117-143. That is a big range and takes into account the many different body types we have.
    You say you are 109 and want to get to 100. You are already very underweight and do not need to lose more.
    Again because I care about your health I am suggesting that you seek professional help from your doctor.
    Please do not continue on trying to lose weight that you really cannot afford to lose.
  • sarah21
    Options
    i dont have a Dr. But iv been eating more and working out more. Im trying to focus on toning my body more now. i have lost weight but i dont look thinner, i think it is a result from eating more healthy and also i work out a little bit more than normal. Thank you though for your concern, but i assure you that you have nothing to worry about. :smile:
    Thank you so much for your advice and i will put your thoughts into consideration.

sgw
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm just going to be blunt, because I'm not as nice as everyone else here and I can't stand to see a person making themselves miserable.

You're incredibly thin and more worried about whether a cigarette has sugar than whether it will give you lung cancer and eventually kill you.
    It's obvious you have a poor body image and an unhealthy weight goal. I've said it once and I'll say it again--it's about priorities. If you never work on your confidence and self image, you will never become mentally healthy, so you will never become physically healthy. You will always be watching the scale, always wanting a smaller pant size, always thinking you have a muffin top or a roll or some other imperfection, and in reality you'll just be ruining your body. You don't have 10 pounds to lose.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    What she said...

There is a girl who goes to the gym where I workout at. Anyone who looks at her would think she is skin and bones... she is so underweight it's not even funny. But I see her there all the time, doing cardio until the cows come home, but she's so weak she can barely even lift weights... it's not healthy. She has an unhealthy body image... she doesn't see herself the way other people see her.

Hon, please work on the body image... you are skinny.

Also, "muffin top" can happen to anyone... it doesn't come from being fat, it comes from wearing a pant size smaller than what we should... everyone focuses so much on the scale and on pants size and what is "acceptable" and "not-acceptable" that before you know it we start ruining our bodies to fit standards.

Don't ruin your body... you are too young for that.

You are a woman, you are supposed to have some body fat... in fact, if it gets too low you'll be facing serious health risks... and THAT'S something to worry about.
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I just want to put it out there that if you are having a hard time accepting your body the way it is that it may be worth talking about it with a counselor or other professional.

That is of course a personal decision, but I think there are a lot of people on here that would benefit from talking about body image with someone.

I have done it (even though I am in a different situation) and found it very helpful.

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    i dont have a Dr. But iv been eating more and working out more. Im trying to focus on toning my body more now. i have lost weight but i dont look thinner, i think it is a result from eating more healthy and also i work out a little bit more than normal. Thank you though for your concern, but i assure you that you have nothing to worry about. :smile:
    Thank you so much for your advice and i will put your thoughts into consideration.

sgw

Again, please seek professional help. You could be doing damage to your body that might be permanent. Just because you don't have a dr now does not mean you can't make an appointment to see on.

What does a normal day of eating look like for you? How much water do you drink? How many cigarettes do you smoke?

You don't have to answer those questions. I am curious though since you say you are eating more and trying to be healthier.
  • sarah21
    Options
    im not too worried about my health as i have said, i know thats horrible, but thats why im not giving anyone health advice, lol.
    I think bout it and beside for trying to eat more healthy i dont feel like i have anything to lose.
    Its personal, but i hope you dont mind me saying that i have been to a dr and i know now that i am unable to have children. Thats really painful cuz for so long i couldnt wait to have kids.
    So i feel if im un healthy thats one thing im not distroying that has not already been taken from me.
    Also cancer runs in my mothers side of the family so i dont feel like just smoking is going to cause that, i feel that ill prob end up with it, but i dont feel cig are enhancing my % of getting it.

normally i work out 1/2 hr to an 1 hr 3 times a week.
    I usually drink about 2-3 cups of coffie everyday.
    I sometimes have a salad with crutons for lunch or dinner
    & i eat chicken broth and noodle soup a lot for dinner or a few hrs b4 i go to bed. I smoke 1 pack of cigs in 2 days time normally, (unless im sick) and thats my diet normally, but i do throw in something yummy like a cookie or crackers too.

i feel fine with my diet, but once i have some extra money i promise ill go see a dr about my health, just as a check up.
  • furrflys
    Options
    seriously, If I were you, I would read up on body dismorphic condition or syndrome. I know I've been affected by it in the past when I was as thin as you look now.
    Hey you look great don't sweat the small stuff.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm just going to be blunt, because I'm not as nice as everyone else here and I can't stand to see a person making themselves miserable.

You're incredibly thin and more worried about whether a cigarette has sugar than whether it will give you lung cancer and eventually kill you.
    It's obvious you have a poor body image and an unhealthy weight goal. I've said it once and I'll say it again--it's about priorities. If you never work on your confidence and self image, you will never become mentally healthy, so you will never become physically healthy. You will always be watching the scale, always wanting a smaller pant size, always thinking you have a muffin top or a roll or some other imperfection, and in reality you'll just be ruining your body. You don't have 10 pounds to lose.

^5, my friend!! Try as I might, when I'm blunt, it doesn't go over as well. Your statement is on point, and shall I say *C*O*S*I*G*N* !!